Can we have PuppetDB docker images with 6.x latest?

38 kali dilihat
Langsung ke pesan pertama yang belum dibaca

Rodrigo Moutinho

belum dibaca,
14 Jul 2021, 19.58.5214/07/21
kepadaPuppet Users
Hi,

Just noticed that once it was changed to "main" branch, we stopped to push docker images for 6.x. Now only latest 7.x are pushed to dockerhub.

Can we add version 6.x to the docker github workflow? (currently the default branch on GitHub)

Seems that the latest docker image for version 6 is 6.13.1 but the latest is already on 6.18 according to the github tags (https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetdb/releases/tag/6.18.0). This way we could continue to have both latest builds for versions 6 and 7.

Thanks for the help in advance!
Cheers!

Rodrigo Moutinho

belum dibaca,
15 Jul 2021, 08.23.3615/07/21
kepadaPuppet Users
Just noticed the same behavior with Puppet Server docker images that the latest is now only for version 7.

Maybe we could improve to the same strategy to push 6.x tags as well.

The latest from version 6 on the docker hub is now on 6.14.1.

Thanks for the help.
Cheers!

Ben Ford

belum dibaca,
19 Jul 2021, 16.55.3419/07/21
kepadaPuppet Users
Hi!

We've actually decided to ship only the most current builds (7.x right now) across the board to reduce the number of pulls used across the company.

Rodrigo Moutinho

belum dibaca,
19 Jul 2021, 17.06.0919/07/21
kepadaPuppet Users
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback Ben!
I will need to search how to deal with this considering that are a lot of modules do not support version 7 yet (at least from a documentation perspective).

But to be honest I was expecting a minimal way to use the 6.x version. Would be an alternative building at the latest every X months? This way at least we would have an option to update every X (3 months for example) until the EOL of Dec 2022.

Thanks for the help and info!
Cheers!

Balas ke semua
Balas ke penulis