403 You don't have permission to access /production/... after switching from puppemaster to passenger

bjoern pohl

Mar 27, 2014, 12:36:44 PM3/27/14
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
since puppet should be used for more clients here, I moved from the puppetmaster daemon to a passenger setup (as described on various websites)

Problem is that I am facing the following errors while accessing the REST API: (possibly this will hit me with normal clients, too..)
403 You don't have permission to access /production/certificate_statuses/no_key on this server.

What I checked up to now:
Puppet CA has the same ownerships as config.ru of the Rack Server,  "puppet:puppet". So Passenger runs that stuff as the puppet user.

changing config.ru to root for testing made no difference.

Apache Logs only gave me the 403 above, even with extended logging.

Any Idea what this could be or how I can get better debug information what passenger does not like here ? ( PassengerLog is currently pointing to the webserver logs, but does not tell me anything...)

thanks & best regards,
Björn

Felix Frank

Apr 16, 2014, 9:28:57 AM4/16/14
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I don't really have a clue, but have you checked your auth.conf in your
$confdir?