puppetlabs/mysql won't install MySQL on RHEL9

Go Iwai

Jul 5, 2024, 4:41:45 AMJul 5
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am working on migrating MariaDB/CentOS7 to MySQL/RHEL9.

The module puppetlabs/mysql (v15) attempts to install MariaDB v10 on
RHEL9 by default but not MySQL v8. Even if I gave the package_name =>
mysql-server to the class mysql::server, it doesn't work because the
post process requires mysql_install_db, which is not in the
mysql-server package.

Is there still a chance to work with the module puppetlabs/mysql for
people who need to install MySQL but not MariaDB on the RHEL9?
If not - it is OK. I will re-write the manifest and put a lot of exec
resources into it. I wonder if there is a smart way before moving
forward the wrong way.

Kind regards,
Go