Puppet not finding Classes

barry haycock

Jun 2, 2023, 3:08:50 AM6/2/23
to Puppet Users
I have built a new Puppet / Foreman environment to replace my tired old Puppet 5.5 env.

Puppet v7.24
Foreman 3.6.1

What I haven't been able to resolve in this environment is that Puppet & Foreman cannot see the modules that are installed.

I have puppet installed in the normal /etc/puppetlabs directory and my modules are in
/data/puppetlabs/code/...

I have built a number of environments this way and it normally works.

in this case everytime I go to import classes in foreman all it wants to do is delete the classes. I have deleted an environment to see if they would then be imported back in but it doesn't

Puppet runs normally on each machine but without the classes, facts are passed to the puppetserver when run in debug.

There is no logging to indicate what is/isn't going on.
My hiera.yaml is pointing to the correct location for the classes.
Running puppet config print |grep data shows that everything is pointing to /data
basemodulepath,
environmentpath, and
modulepath.

is there anything that I have missed that I can check/test to see what is going on?

Barry