After upgrade, razor-server throws errors

Bret Wortman

Oct 8, 2019, 10:57:41 AM10/8/19
to puppet-razor
Current version: razor-server 1.9.6.0-1.el7
Prior version: razor-server 1.6.1-1.el7

# razor nodes
Error from doing GET http://localhost:8150/api
404 Resource Not Found
#

Logfile excerpt:

ERROR [org.hornetq.core.client] (Old I/O server worker (parentId: -605516930, [id: 0xdbe88b7e, /0.0.0.0:5445])) HQ214013: Failed to decode packet: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Readable byte limit exceeded: 4
:
: Stack trace follows
:
ERROR [org.hornetq.core.client] (Old I/O server worker (parentId: -605516930, [id: 0xdbe88b7e, /0.0.0.0:5445])) HQ214013: Failed to decode packet: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: HQ119032: Invalid type: 0
:
: Stack trace
:

I did also spot this message, but I'm not sure whether it's related or not:

HQ121005: Invalid "host" value "0.0.0.0" detected for "netty" connector. Switching to "zsinf01.my.net". If this new address is incorrect please manually configure the connector to use the proper one.

Postgresql is running, but I'm not fluent enough in pg to know how to check beyond logs and "ps-aux | grep postg". Any idea where I ought to start looking?

Thanks,

Bret Wortman

Scott McClellan

Oct 10, 2019, 5:47:10 PM10/10/19
to puppet-razor
Hi Bret,

I don't recognize the error, but did you redeploy the application during upgrade? The steps for upgrade are here, I'm guessing the `torquebox deploy` command just needs to be run:

Let me know if this doesn't solve things for you and we can take a closer look.

Scott

Bret Wortman

Oct 10, 2019, 6:23:02 PM10/10/19
to puppet-razor

I’ll check that. The biggest damage, though, is self-inflicted.

I heavily modified kickstart.erb in tasks/centos.task, and it got clobbered during the update. I shouldn’t have kept a modified version in there, but now I’m working to recover it. Guess who hadn’t kept up with his own git repo, either? :eyeroll:

I won’t be back int he office until Monday and will let you know how we’re going then.

Thanks, Scott!

Bret

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "puppet-razor" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-razor/CAKmkAtshgScyHxrxFwZ9cA%2BVAXqHeF7zLrdLGtAgnBjSBxKFjg%40mail.gmail.com.

photo
Bret Wortman
Founder, Wrap Buddies, LLC

855-644-2783 | br...@wrapbuddies.co

http://wrapbuddies.co/

70 Main St. Suite 23 Warrenton, VA 20186