Razor task for Xenserver

Amit Shah

Apr 7, 2014, 4:27:59 PM4/7/14
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone tried provisioning Xenserver with Razor ? I found a post for this http://www.reversengineered.com/2013/03/12/deploying-xenserver-with-puppet-razor/ but this doesnt seem to work with the latest razor version. It has commands like "razor add" "razor model" which no longer exist.

Does anyone have a tasks for Xenserver ?

Thanks
Amit

Daniel Pittman

Apr 7, 2014, 4:42:27 PM4/7/14
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 1:27 PM, Amit Shah <amit....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone tried provisioning Xenserver with Razor ? I found a post for this
> http://www.reversengineered.com/2013/03/12/deploying-xenserver-with-puppet-razor/
> but this doesnt seem to work with the latest razor version. It has commands
> like "razor add" "razor model" which no longer exist.

Yes, unfortunately that was with the previous version of Razor.

> Does anyone have a tasks for Xenserver?

I am not aware of any current task for installing XenServer. That
said, https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/XenServer/Install/PXE gives step
by step instructions for setting this up. Writing a task to match
shouldn't be very difficult at all.

We are more than happy to help out if you get stuck anywhere along the
way, of course. :)

--
Daniel Pittman
⎋ Puppet Labs Developer – http://puppetlabs.com

Aaron Fraser

Apr 7, 2014, 4:57:24 PM4/7/14
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
I have built tasks for XenServer 6.1 and 6.2, just havent had the time to PR into razor-server. I'll do that in the next day or so and provide a link here.

Amit Shah

Apr 7, 2014, 5:37:39 PM4/7/14
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Aaron.Looking forward to the link

Amit Shah

Apr 9, 2014, 12:25:46 PM4/9/14
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aaron,
Any luck posting the link ?
Thanks
Amit

孔罗星

Dec 11, 2014, 5:45:50 AM12/11/14
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
I have written the task for xenserver 6.2, and also created a pull request: https://github.com/puppetlabs/razor-server/pull/262
hope it's helpful.

在 2014年4月8日星期二UTC+8上午4时27分59秒,Amit Shah写道:

Dhananjay Kumar Thakur

Jun 8, 2018, 12:55:12 PM6/8/18
to puppet-razor
Hi Sir,
I wanted to install XEN 6.5 using Razor . But i am getting some error, I think that the task which i am using is not proper. Can you please share me the razor task to install xen server 6.5.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Dhananjay