Microkernel Self Test SAN target bug and/or security issue

Lee Turchin

Oct 12, 2019, 12:27:59 PM10/12/19
to puppet-razor
I have an issue where SAN storage was zoned to a target that differs from the one where the node was enrolled.  Razor successfully enrolls the node.  I begin the OS automation.

The OS installation succeeds but installs on the actual zoned SAN disk even though the node was enrolled at a different target.

Here is my question:  Is there some type of  utility that we can add to the microkernel  that will alert us to the fact that the enrolled SAN  target differs from the actual SAN target and if a discrepancy is detected, can abort the installation based upon the mismatch.?

Could this be considered a security bug/issue if there is nothing built in to prevent an erroneous installation, prior to the deployment of the node?  The only way to see that an error occurs is after the microkernel completes and we run the 'razor nodes node# metadata' command.

Can this command be integrated into one of the powershell scripts before the operating system is installed and perform a halt to the automation process?  What is the recommended action?

Thank you,

Lee