Razor 1.6.1 Released

Scott McClellan

Mar 9, 2017, 6:20:01 PM3/9/17
to puppet-razor
Hey All,

I'm pleased to announce a new release of Razor server, client, and microkernel. This release includes several bug fixes, improvements, and new features. The full list of changes is included in the NEWS.md file.

As of 1.6.1, razor-client will no longer support Ruby 1.8.7 and below. These versions are past EOL, and supporting them would restrict which dependencies we can pull in. If you must use Ruby 1.8.7, razor-client 1.3.0 is the last version which should work with that.

Here are some other changes worth calling out:

* Rebased microkernel to latest CentOS build (7.3.1611).
* `puppet-pe` broker updated to install directly from puppet master. As a result, the `windows_agent_download_url` broker config will be ignored.
* Added tasks for SLES 11 and 12.
* Added task for Windows 2016 Server.
* Fixed `auth.allow_localhost` when commands are being executed.
* Internationalization groundwork in the razor client; now Accept-Language header will be set for API calls.

If you're new to Razor, the installation page on the wiki should help you get started.

Download the release:
               (GPG signature: http://pup.pt/razor-server-1_6_1_sig)
  Packages:    Available from http://yum.puppetlabs.com/ and
               http://apt.puppetlabs.com/

Feel free to reach out on this mailing list or IRC (#puppet-razor on Freenode) if you have questions. Any issues can be added to the RAZOR project in JIRA. Enjoy!

Scott McClellan
Senior Software Engineer
Puppet