Failed to start Razor Microkernel agent on VMware machine

Simon P

Sep 9, 2016, 3:44:26 PM9/9/16
to puppet-razor
Hello all,

I'm trying to provision VM from another VM.

I'm using VMware workstation 12 player with 2 virtuals, master red hat 7 and blank VM with network boot. I installed puppet, razor server and client.

 I'm running       Razor Server version: DEVELOPMENT       Razor Client version: 1.3.0, and Microkernel version 007. Tried with 006 same error.

PXE boots completely, but when I get to login I'm getting errors constantly. Node appear in redhat, but policy won't and it won't install anything.

I can get any information from razor node node1 facts.

When I run mk register,  I got error
"Could not retrieve fact='ipaddress', resolution='>anonymous>' : Could not execute 'host localhost' : command not found"
"Could not retrieve fact='ipaddress', resolution='>anonymous>' : Could not execute 'host localhost' : command not found"
"error running register: no network interfaces detected; cannot generate a hardware ID"

This is info from node
+-------+-------------------+--------+--------+----------------+
| name  | dhcp_mac          | tags   | policy | metadata count |
+-------+-------------------+--------+--------+----------------+
| node5 | 00:0c:29:a1:63:1a | (none) | ---    | 0              |
+-------+-------------------+--------+--------+----------------+

This is attached picture of errors that I'm getting when booting Microkernel is finished.

Any ideas helps, thanks!

Untitled.png

Scott McClellan

Sep 9, 2016, 5:48:52 PM9/9/16
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon,

It sounds like the microkernel doesn't have a network driver that will work with the VM. I might also suggest maybe checking things like firewall, but I'd think that would also stop ipxe from downloading the microkernel from the razor server.

Can the blank VM access the Razor server if you booted a vanilla CentOS 7 image manually? That should reveal a missing driver issue.

Just some ideas to get started.

Scott

Alex Chumakin

Jan 24, 2017, 8:29:11 PM1/24/17
to puppet-razor
Were you able to resolve this? I'm running into a similar issue.

Thanks!