puppet_pe and razor starter

Jens Phli

Feb 13, 2017, 11:36:43 AM2/13/17
to puppet-razor

Hello,

I recently started playing around with Puppet-Enterprise on RHEL 7.2.
Also I installed the pe_razor server on a different RHEL7.2 machine. So far so good....

The pe_razor client is installed on that machine, too.

I installed everything according to the manuals https://docs.puppet.com/pe/2016.5/razor_install.html

[Razor-Server]
-> razor -v
        Razor Server version: 1.4.0.0
        Razor Client version: 1.2.0

[Puppet-Server]
Puppet v4.7.0

Now I am trying to provision a new node... I was able to create a repository/broker/hook, but when I am trying to create a new policy for the node I want to install, I get the following error message:
-> razor create-policy --name rheldefault --repo rhel7.2 --hostname 'host${id}.test' --root-password temp1234 --broker puppet
Error from doing GET https://localhost:8151/api/collections/policies/rheldefault
500 Internal Server Error
<h1>Internal Server Error</h1>

Any advice for a total beginner? Maybe a communication problem between puppet and razor server?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestion

Scott McClellan

Feb 16, 2017, 12:55:37 PM2/16/17
to puppet-razor

Hello,