Razor 1.7.0 Released

Scott McClellan

Jan 29, 2018, 2:45:04 PM1/29/18
to puppet-razor
Hey All,

I'm pleased to announce a new release of Razor server and client. This release includes several bug fixes, improvements, and new features. The full list of changes is included in the NEWS.md files: (server) and (client)

As of 1.7.0, razor-client can no longer support Ruby 2 and below. These versions are past EOL, and as our dependencies drop support, we can no longer guarantee security patches for these versions. If you must use e.g. Ruby 1.9.3, razor-client 1.6.1 is the last version which will work with that.

Here are a few other changes worth calling out:

* We have added a `has_macaddress_like` matcher, which can match blocks of MAC addresses in a single tag using a regular expression.
* Windows 2012r2 Server and 2016 Server now support UEFI on x64 machines!
* A new `hw_info` value will be recorded to facilitate writing tasks that handle UEFI: `fact_boot_type`. The value for this will show up as `efi` for machines using the UEFI boot type.
* We've added new tasks for Ubuntu Xenial and ESXI 6.
* A method made available to tasks, `repo_file`, was not functional for repos with `url` sources. Rather than use this method, we recommend `repo_file?` (to check existence of a file) and `repo_file_contents` (to retrieve contents of a file).

If you're new to Razor, the installation page on the wiki should help you get started.

Download the release:
               (GPG signature: http://pup.pt/razor-server-1_7_0_sig)
  Packages:    Available from http://yum.puppetlabs.com/puppet5 and
               http://apt.puppetlabs.com/

Feel free to reach out on this mailing list or IRC (#puppet-razor on Freenode) if you have questions. Any issues can be added to the RAZOR project in JIRA. Enjoy!

Scott McClellan
Senior Software Engineer
Puppet

Scott McClellan

Feb 7, 2018, 8:38:46 PM2/7/18
to puppet-razor
Hey All,

I'd like to announce a minor release of Razor server today which addresses a bug in fresh installations of version 1.7.0.

If you're new to Razor, the installation page on the wiki should help you get started. Enjoy!

Download the release:
               (GPG signature: http://pup.pt/razor-server-1_7_1_sig)