Razor Server (1.9.6) and Client (1.9.6) Released

Puppet Product Updates

Aug 30, 2019, 7:12:58 PM8/30/19
to puppet-razor
Hello All,

I'd like to announce a release of Razor server (1.9.6) and Razor client (1.9.6) today. Here are some highlights:

In Razor Server:
- We now ship for platforms Debian 9 and Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic).
- We added a task for Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic).
- The `vmware_esxi` task now supports UEFI (thanks to Akiyoshi Tomita).
- We now support accessing structured facts and metadata in tags.
- If you are developing on Razor, we have now added some docker tools to make life a bit easier.

In Razor Client, we moved away from our dependency on `rest-client` in favor of `faraday` and bumped versions on a wide variety of gem dependencies. Versions 1.9.4 and 1.9.5 both went out this week but had a few very minor issues, so we recommend using the latest (1.9.6) version.

For a full list of updates, see both the server's NEWS.md file and the client's NEWS.md file.

If you're new to Razor, the installation page on the wiki should help you get started. Enjoy!

Download the release:
  Server:      Available from http://yum.puppetlabs.com/ and
               http://apt.puppetlabs.com/ under `puppet5`,
               `puppet6`, and `puppet-tools`.