Broker Handover | Puppet Razor

Vijay Kumar

Jun 10, 2019, 11:01:56 PM6/10/19
to puppet-razor

Hello Everyone, Hope you are doing well. Thank you for your support.

Trying to install debian with puppet Broker, However, puppet broker handover doesn't happen

a) Did created a broker by (razor create-broker --name=puppet -c server=puppet -c environment=production --broker-type puppet)

b) Assigned the policy with broker puppet.

c) Broker handover doesn't appear in the logs. (Image attached)

How can I debug this?

Thank You,

Yours Sincerely,

Vijay

Puppet_Broker.png

Brian McNally

Jun 21, 2019, 7:20:05 PM6/21/19
to puppet-razor
Hi,

I use Puppet Enterprise, and it looks like you might be using the community version of Puppet, but in my configuration the puppet server name uses a fully qualified domain name. I'm wondering if your Razor client doesn't yet know which domains to search and so it can't contact your puppetmaster? I'm relatively new to Puppet and Razor, so I'm also curious how to debug this sort of problem. In my case there's /var/log/puppetlabs/razor-server/server.log on the Razor server side that might contain something useful.

--
Brian McNally

Vijay Kumar

Jun 21, 2019, 7:28:49 PM6/21/19
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hey Brian,

Hope you are doing well. Yeah, I was using community version. The below command would help you. When the handover happens, a log entry would be present in that. I was facing that issue because of the bash script issue. I was installing Debian version 9 and script was for Debian 7.

"razor nodes node-name log "

Kind regards,
Vijay

Brian McNally

Jun 21, 2019, 7:38:40 PM6/21/19
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Ah, yes, the log sub-command is useful for seeing where a node is at in
the build process. I'm glad you got your issue sorted out.

--
Brian McNally