Request for Razor Product Input

Scott McClellan

Jan 22, 2020, 4:53:35 PM1/22/20
to puppet-razor
Hello All,

I'd love to get some input from the community about Razor. Torquebox, one of Razor's key dependencies, has been abandoned for over a year now. As the maintenance burden is increasing, I'd like to see if our community has opinions on a product direction going forward.

The most immediate question at hand is, which tech stack seems best for us to replace Torquebox? I have looked into puma, and several message queues (RabbitMQ, Delayed::Job, Sidekiq, Resque), which seem feasible.

Longer term, I’m interested in seeing if we can reinvigorate the open-source community around the project. I care about the state of Razor, and want the project to continue serving real needs.

So, users of Razor: What would you like to see improved or changed?

Thanks!

Scott McClellan
Senior Software Engineer
Puppet

Brian McNally

Jan 22, 2020, 5:44:02 PM1/22/20
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
This doesn't address your question about Torquebox, but I'd like to see
Razor support CentOS 8, since that's out now and we'd like to be able to
build CentOS 8 hosts. There's been a ticket/issue about this since
September of 2019:

https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/RAZOR-1127

--
Brian McNally