Fwd: RSVP open, Sep 17: Puppet at Google (Meeting at Bloomberg)

Brian Gupta

Sep 3, 2014, 8:50:50 PM9/3/14
to puppe...@googlegroups.com
This month PuppetNYC and NYLUG are joining forces for a great meeting.
We expect the meeting to potentially go on waitlist, so to keep things
simple we'll be consolidating all RSVPs here:
http://www.meetup.com/nylug-meetings/events/180097202/

Note: WE ARE MEETING AT BLOOMBERG!! We'll need names, and you will need IDs.

When:
----------
Wednesday, Sept 17, 2014
6:30 PM

Where:
----------
Bloomberg
731 Lexington Ave, New York, NY

(Please enter on Lexington Ave. between 58th and 59th street. At the
desk please indicate you are here for the NYLUG meeting and you will
be directed to security, where you will need to present your ID and
have a photo badge printed.)

NYLUG presents:
-------------------------
Jason Wright
-on-
Puppet at Google

Note: WE ARE MEETING AT BLOOMBERG!! We'll need names, and you will
need IDs. RSVP will open Sept 3, 2014, Wednesday 4:30pm.

By now we've all heard of Puppet, and presumably we've also heard of
Google. Jason will be presenting an overview of how Puppet is used at
Google, in particular within Google's Corporate Engineering team.

He will explain how Google goes about scaling Puppet, including
techniques such as load balancing with anycast networking. This
includes an explanation of some of the problems Google encountered
using Puppet at a scale beyond which Puppet was originally designed.

Jason will also talk about some of their plans for the future. (No
spoilers here, I'm afraid.)

Afterwards:
-----------------
Join us afterwards at Bloom's Tavern where we'll continue the
discussion over drinks and/or food. Bloom's Tavern is located at 208 E
58th St, between 2nd and 3rd.

Links:
--------
- Puppet http://puppetlabs.com/puppet/puppet-open-source

Speaker Bio:
Jason Wright: Jason is an SRE working for Google Corporate
Engineering, providing internal services to Googlers. Currently
focusing on Puppet and DNS, he has previously worked on the Goobuntu
team and was tech lead for Google.com email before Gmail came along.