Is Geppetto actively developed?

Claes Buckwalter

Oct 27, 2015, 4:01:25 PM10/27/15
to Puppet Geppetto
Hi,

Is Geppetto still actively developed? There haven't been any commits or releases in a while...

Thanks,
Claes

Henrik Lindberg

Oct 27, 2015, 4:12:50 PM10/27/15
to puppet-...@googlegroups.com

On Oct 27, 2015, at 21:01, Claes Buckwalter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is Geppetto still actively developed? There haven't been any commits or releases in a while...

It is correct that we have not developed any new features for Geppetto in a while.
The Language team have been busy with rolling out 4.x language changes, data in modules, and language changes for application management.

If there are major/blocking problems with Geppetto we will address those, and we aim to make maintenance releases to keep Geppetto at par with releases from Eclipse. From time to time we may lag behind. We also aim to keep Geppetto's support for the Puppet Language current. We believe it has decent support for the 4.x / future parser already since some versions back.

Please log tickets if there are things that are not working, or ping on an existing ticket if there is something we have missed and should have addressed.

Regards
- henrik