XText clashes with Eclipse Classloaded

lutz....@gmail.com

May 8, 2015, 8:29:26 AM5/8/15
to puppet-...@googlegroups.com

My Eclipse suddenly developed the behavior to throw the following error in a dialog after basically every key stroke:

An internal error occurred during: "Xtext validation".
loader constraint violation: when resolving method "com.google.common.collect.Iterables.transform(Ljava/lang/Iterable;Lcom/google/common/base/Function;)Ljava/lang/Iterable;" the class loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/loader/EquinoxClassLoader) of the current class, com/puppetlabs/geppetto/pp/dsl/linking/PPFinder, and the class loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/loader/EquinoxClassLoader) for the method's defining class, com/google/common/collect/Iterables, have different Class objects for the type com/google/common/base/Function used in the signature

I have tracked the reasons down to the ones described in this:
  http://www.lunifera.com/wp/?p=571

Basically the OSGI resolver picks incompatible version of the guava for different parts of XText.

Unfortnately, I do not understand how to apply the fix to either a) my installation of Eclipse + Geppetto or b) Geppetto in general. What is the fix exactly?

Can anybody help with the actual problem?

mfg lutz

Thomas Hallgren

May 8, 2015, 11:40:08 AM5/8/15
to puppet-...@googlegroups.com
Do you by any chance have the Ruby DLTK installed in your eclipse? It's known to clash.

- thomas

Message has been deleted