Excluding directories from search path

Amos S

Jul 13, 2015, 2:08:01 AM7/13/15
to puppet-...@googlegroups.com
With Geppetto 4.3.1, I have a git repository with the puppet files residing under a sub-directory, like this

root-dir

+-puppet

+-our-modules

+-modules

+-manifests

+-.tmp

+-Puppetfile

We manage external modules using puppet-librarian, which creates puppet/.tmp.
I setup Geppetto's modulepath to puppet/our-modules/* and puppet/modules/*, I removed the default settings so these are the only two entries, but it keeps picking up modules from under puppet/.tmp.
According to the FAQ at http://puppetlabs.github.io/geppetto/faq.html#/2011/09/14/how-do-i-use-the-searchpath, the modulepath I set in the project properties is appended to the default modulepath which is the top level directory.
I'd like to be able to exclude puppet/.tmp but haven't found a way to do that.

How can I do that?

Thanks.

Henrik Lindberg

Jul 13, 2015, 11:29:34 AM7/13/15
to puppet-...@googlegroups.com
You want to look at the preference "Folder Exclusion Pattern".

- henrik

--

Visit my Blog "Puppet on the Edge"
http://puppet-on-the-edge.blogspot.se/

Amos S

Jul 14, 2015, 12:37:01 AM7/14/15
to puppet-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Henrik.

I didn't find "Folder Exclusion Pattern" anywhere in the project or global preferences.
However, I found "Resource"->"Resource Filters" and added "puppet/.tmp" (recursive) to the exclusions.
So far it seems to have fixed that.

Thanks.

Henrik Lindberg

Jul 14, 2015, 11:25:23 AM7/14/15
to puppet-...@googlegroups.com
On 2015-13-07 21:37, Amos S wrote:
> Hi Henrik.
>
> I didn't find "Folder Exclusion Pattern" anywhere in the project or
> global preferences.
> However, I found "Resource"->"Resource Filters" and added "puppet/.tmp"
> (recursive) to the exclusions.
> So far it seems to have fixed that.

Great - the "Folder Exclusion Pattern" seems to be the name of the
property; I read about it in the documentation for the Jenkins plugin.

Glad you found the preference that controls it.

- henrik
> You want to look at the preference "Folder Exclusion Pattern"..
>
> - henrik
>

> --
>
> Visit my Blog "Puppet on the Edge"
> http://puppet-on-the-edge.blogspot..se/
> <http://puppet-on-the-edge.blogspot.se/>

Thomas Hallgren

Jul 14, 2015, 11:51:38 AM7/14/15
to puppet-...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

If you select "Preferences" in Geppetto 4.3.1 and then click on "Puppet"
(just click, don't expand), the "Glob Exclusion Patterns" should be
visible in the preference page to the right.

- thomas