Data types and formatter problem

Alexandre Barth

Apr 21, 2016, 5:41:39 AM4/21/16
to Puppet Geppetto
Hello, i have a problem when using data types in Geppetto 4.3.1 (PP 4.0 is selected to use future puppet language)

Optional[Array] $restricted_acl = undef

When saving the manifest, the formatter adds a space between Optional and [Array], like this :

Optional [Array] $restricted_acl = undef

which is not the correct syntax for data types and leads to a puppet run error.

How can i prevent this space insertion ?

Ty

Henrik Lindberg

Apr 21, 2016, 1:37:35 PM4/21/16
to public-puppet-geppetto...@plane.gmane.org
I think only by turning off the format on save option under settings.
I don't remember if we added the ability to say something like
# noformat in a comment (I don't think we did).

The real fix is quite elaborate as the formatter would need a new rule
or two. It is not something we are going to fix I am afraid as we do not
have bandwidth to maintain Geppetto. (If someone is willing to take on
the work, I am happy to help explain how it works - but it is quite a
steep learning "curve" (if vertical is a curve)).

Sorry.
- henrik

> Ty
>
> --