geppetto does not resolve dependencies

Thomas Polnik

Jan 15, 2015, 10:08:53 AM1/15/15
to puppet-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am using gepetto 4.3.0.v20140930-0839

If I am using puppetlabs-stdlib as git submodule (https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-stdlib.git ) , I get follow error message: Couldn't resolve reference to Module 'puppetlabs/stdlib'.

If I am using puppetlabs-stdlib as puppet-forge module outside of my own git repo, geppetto can resolve this dependency.

I am using different dependencies inside my own puppet modules, there are no problems to resolve this. Only puppetlabs-stdlib makes problems.

example:

I am using puppetlabs-apt as a git submodule and in one of my own puppet modules I am using:

"dependencies": [
      {"name":"puppetlabs/apt","version_requirement":">= 1.7.0"}
  ],

gepetto can resolve this and I don't get any error message.

Has anybody a hint for me, how I can resolve this problem?

Best regards,
thomas.

Dario Sestero

May 6, 2015, 6:04:22 AM5/6/15
to puppet-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
today I encountered the same problem you describe with stdlib and Geppetto 4.3.1, so I found your post.
I discovered that for some reason when importing stdlib as Puppet project from source folder in Geppetto, after having cloned the repo from the command line on my workstation, the generated .project file misses some buildSpec. Adding the fragment below solved the problem:

    <buildSpec>

<buildCommand>

<name>org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared.xtextBuilder</name>

<arguments>

</arguments>

</buildCommand>

<buildCommand>

<name>com.puppetlabs.geppetto.pp.dsl.ui.modulefileBuilder</name>

<arguments>

</arguments>

</buildCommand>

</buildSpec>