Puppet 8.3.1 and 7.27.0 now available

Puppet Product Updates

Nov 7, 2023, 7:37:25 PM11/7/23
to puppet-...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

Puppet 8.3.1 and 7.27.0 were released today! (version 8.3.0 was never released). This release includes important security updates, several enhancements, and new platform support.

The FIPS Puppet agent builds now include a FIPS-compatible java keystore. Previously, using Puppet’s built-in HTTP client with the local system store caused errors in certain circumstances. As part of this work, several certificate authorities were updated.

Some important enhancements and bug fixes

  • The split() function now works with Sensitive values.

  • Older Puppet modules using the File.exists? and Dir.exists? methods will work again.

  • The puppet ssl clean command no longer deletes local certs and keys when invoked with unexpected arguments.

  • String handling in EPP templates have been corrected to use UTF8 instead of binary encoding. This corrects a regression in which nodes collecting exported resources with EPP generated content were breaking.

New agent platform support:

  • RHEL 9 (ARM64)

  • Ubuntu 22.04 (ARM64)

Security updates:

  • We upgraded OpenSSL to address CVE-2023-4807.

  • We patched Curl to address CVE-2023-38545. Note that due to backwards compatibility requirements, minor versions of the impacted package to which we manually apply patches will still report the same version number but will no longer be vulnerable. All future versions will include the patch addressing the CVE.

See the complete release notes for more information.

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify us immediately.