CD4PE Version 5 has been released!

Puppet Product Updates

Nov 8, 2023, 5:55:39 PM11/8/23
to Puppet Announce

Hello,

We are excited to announce the official release of Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise (CD4PE) V5. This latest version introduces a vastly improved installer that leverages Puppet Bolt to streamline the installation process. Based on valuable feedback from our customers, we recognized the need for a more user-friendly installation experience, and this newest release addresses this need.

Key improvements in CD4PE V5 include:

  • More Efficient Installer: Our new installer has been optimized for efficiency. It's lighter, which means it consumes fewer resources and runs 2x faster.

  • Puppet Bolt Integration: We've integrated Puppet Bolt, a well-established orchestration tool within the Puppet ecosystem, into the installation process, enhancing reliability and functionality.

  • Reduced Dependencies: We've worked to minimize third-party dependencies, simplifying the installation, and reducing potential compatibility issues.

  • Familiar Workflows: The new installer closely aligns with workflows that many of you are already familiar with Puppet Enterprise, making it easier to transition to CD4PE V5.

Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise (CD4PE) V5 is now available for download via the Puppet Forge. To get started with this version, you'll need to create a Forge User ID. Once created, please provide your User ID to Puppet support, and we will grant you access to the newest version of CD4PE.

Release notes for CD4PE V5 can be found here.

Thank you for being a Puppet by Perforce Customer!

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify us immediately.