Puppet 0.25.2 - code-named "Zoe"
The 0.25.2 release is a significant maintenance release (123 tickets
closed!) in the 0.25.x branch.
Thanks to all who contributed to the release and tested fixes -
especially (but not limited to!) Peter Meier (duritong), R.I.
Pienaar (Volcane), Mark Plaskin, Dan Bode, Alan Harder, Ricky Zhou,
Christian Hofstaedtler, Todd Zullinger, Till Mass, Nigel Kersten,
and especially Markus Roberts and Jesse Wolfe who worked around the
clock to get the release out the door.
The release is available at:
Please note that all future final releases of Puppet will be signed
with the Reductive Labs key. Unfortunately, I am travelling and
unable to access to the box with the release key on it or its
backup. A signature will be generated for this release early next
week when I return to Australia.
Please report feedback via the Reductive Labs Redmine site:
Please select an affected version of 0.25.2.
* When setting aliases using the host type now use the host_alias
attribute rather than alias.
* Puppet now has the "manage_internal_file_permissions" option which
allows you to enable or disable Puppet management of internal files,
for example those in /var/lib/puppet. When "false" Puppet will NOT
manage these files. Default is "true".
* Cron type now supported on AIX
* Mailist type is now working again
* File serving permissions error messages enhanced
* SELinux now supports contexts with upper case titles
* When running the tests you no longer need to use RSpec version
1.2.2 but rather versions including and newer than.
* The debug format message has been changed and clarified from:
debug: Format s not supported for Puppet::FileServing::Metadata; has
not implemented method 'from_s'
debug: file_metadata supports formats: b64_zlib_yaml marshal pson
raw yaml; using pson
* Puppetdoc now works with Regex node names
* There are now valid and proper OIDs in the LDAP puppet.schema that
are unique and registered for Puppet.
* Packagers please note updated man pages including a new page for
* Fix for temporary file issues
Full list of closed tickets is at
* Pro Linux System Administration (http://tinyurl.com/linuxadmin)
* Pulling Strings with Puppet (http://tinyurl.com/pupbook)
* Pro Nagios 2.0 (http://tinyurl.com/pronagios)
* Hardening Linux (http://tinyurl.com/hardeninglinux)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (Darwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----