Binocular DIY headset?

aar...@stanford.edu

Dec 19, 2017, 4:57:10 AM12/19/17
to pupil-discuss
Greetings, Pupil Community:

I'm sure I'm not the first to have asked this, but can I purchase a binocular headset (just the headset, no cameras) for a dual-camera DIY build?  The one for sale on Shapeways only has one camera mount.

Thanks,
Aaron

aar...@stanford.edu

Dec 31, 2017, 7:14:26 PM12/31/17
to pupil-discuss
Will informed me that Pupil does not make a binocular DIY headset. In that case, does anyone have any experience with modifying the DIY headset from Shapeways to hold another camera?

안성근

Jan 1, 2018, 5:57:14 PM1/1/18
to pupil-discuss
In my case, not exactly same to your case, I made an add-on camera mounting part for Moverio glasses with 3D printer as you can see below.

I think if you have 3D printer, you can easily make a camera mount part for your binocular DIY

Sunggeun

2017년 12월 19일 화요일 오후 6시 57분 10초 UTC+9, aar...@stanford.edu 님의 말:

utubelo...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2018, 8:28:56 AM1/2/18
to pupil-discuss
There's nothing special about the Shapeways mount. Maybe saves few grams of weight, but it is more a method to fund the Pupil Labs project that a mechanical necessity for proper usage.