Gaze tracking no longer accurate after upgrading from 0.9

leviz...@gmail.com

Dec 25, 2017, 5:22:47 PM12/25/17
to pupil-discuss
I recently upgraded pupil to version 1.2 and now gaze detection is totally wacky. I'll move my eyes laterally and it will show vertical or diagonal movement or I'll move my eyes up and it will show downward movement. On-screen calibration seems to go smoothly and it's showing good pupil confidence. In older versions (0.9x) everything seemed to work fine. I made a pair of DIY glasses that have worked great over the last year or so. It has an upside-down eye camera. I'm currently running Ubuntu 17.10. I've played with the settings as much as possible to no avail. I've tried it on two different computers with the same results. Has anyone had similar issues? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Pupil Labs Info

Dec 25, 2017, 9:50:18 PM12/25/17
to pupil-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Have you tried calibrating the intrinsics of your world camera? If you would like, we at Pupil Labs can take a look at a dataset if you send a link via email to us at info [at] pupil-labs [dot] com.

Best,
Will

On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 5:22 AM, <leviz...@gmail.com> wrote:
I recently upgraded pupil to version 1.2 and now gaze detection is totally wacky. I'll move my eyes laterally and it will show vertical or diagonal movement or I'll move my eyes up and it will show downward movement. On-screen calibration seems to go smoothly and it's showing good pupil confidence. In older versions (0.9x) everything seemed to work fine. I made a pair of DIY glasses that have worked great over the last year or so. It has an upside-down eye camera. I'm currently running Ubuntu 17.10. I've played with the settings as much as possible to no avail. I've tried it on two different computers with the same results. Has anyone had similar issues? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Pupil Labs
research + development + design

leviz...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2017, 5:30:12 PM12/30/17
to pupil-discuss
On Monday, December 25, 2017 at 6:50:18 PM UTC-8, info wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Have you tried calibrating the intrinsics of your world camera? If you would like, we at Pupil Labs can take a look at a dataset if you send a link via email to us at info [at] pupil-labs [dot] com.
>

> Best,
> Will
>

> On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 5:22 AM, <leviz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I recently upgraded pupil to version 1.2 and now gaze detection is totally wacky. I'll move my eyes laterally and it will show vertical or diagonal movement or I'll move my eyes up and it will show downward movement. On-screen calibration seems to go smoothly and it's showing good pupil confidence. In older versions (0.9x) everything seemed to work fine. I made a pair of DIY glasses that have worked great over the last year or so. It has an upside-down eye camera. I'm currently running Ubuntu 17.10. I've played with the settings as much as possible to no avail. I've tried it on two different computers with the same results. Has anyone had similar issues? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
>

> --

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pupil-discuss/9fd80b87-e428-4117-b114-6a6d4307dd5a%40googlegroups.com.

> --
>

> Pupil Labs
> research + development + design
> in...@pupil-labs.com
>
> www.pupil-labs.com
Thanks for getting back to me and the kind offer to check my data.

I ran the world camera intrinsics calibration, but it didn't improve anything. Looking at the logs, I'm seeing a lot of "world - [WARNING] uvc: Turbojpeg jpeg2yuv: b'Premature end of JPEG file'" errors. I'm using the Logitech C615 for the world cam and the microsoft HD-6000 for the eye cam.