ZMQ Error: Invalid argument

Shiva N

Jan 8, 2018, 12:19:33 PM1/8/18
to pupil-discuss
Hi all, I'm having a bit of trouble running Pupil from the source
The install seems to have gone fine, but when I try to run main.py, I get the following error:

From what I can tell, ZMQ is having trouble finding an open socket. I'm not sure, however, so any advice or knowledge will be greatly appreciated!

I am running Ubuntu 16.04.

Pupil Labs Info

Jan 8, 2018, 1:40:20 PM1/8/18
to pupil-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

does your device have a network interface?

Best,
Moritz

Pupil Labs
research + development + design

Shiva N

Jan 8, 2018, 8:01:44 PM1/8/18
to pupil-discuss
Hi Moritz,

My computer does not have a network interface card; I have it directly connected to the Internet via Ethernet. Do I need a network interface card?

Thanks,
Shiva

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 6:19 PM, Shiva N <16sn...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all, I'm having a bit of trouble running Pupil from the source
The install seems to have gone fine, but when I try to run main.py, I get the following error:

From what I can tell, ZMQ is having trouble finding an open socket. I'm not sure, however, so any advice or knowledge will be greatly appreciated!

I am running Ubuntu 16.04.

Pupil Labs Info

Jan 9, 2018, 2:23:56 AM1/9/18
to pupil-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

sorry, I meant network card. So you do have one.

I m not sure what the error is. As you suggest it must be zmq related.

best,
Moritz