DIY Microsoft HD-6000 camera...microphone wire

Anders Smith

Nov 30, 2017, 6:45:11 AM11/30/17
to pupil-discuss
On the hd-6000 there are a couple of wires that goes to the microphone.

In the documentation you mention to cut or desolder the microphone cables from the bord, but you don't mention what to to with the 3rd cable that comes directly from the USB cable.

It is my assumption that it is a shield/ground connection, but should this be connected to the board or can I simply cut it as well?

thanks
anders

con...@ianmckay.com.au

Dec 31, 2017, 6:03:30 AM12/31/17
to pupil-discuss
Hey Anders,

Did you figure this one out?

Rafael Picanço

Jan 10, 2018, 12:29:55 AM1/10/18
to pupil-discuss
It will be safer for the device if it is connected to a ground/shield.

Best,
Rafael

Pupil Labs Info

Jan 10, 2018, 2:39:07 AM1/10/18
to pupil-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

you can just cut the shield. Its routed to the ground pin internally.

Best,
Moritz

Pupil Labs
research + development + design