Re: Save eye and gaze data from Pupil, using Unity and HTC VIVE

Pupil Labs

Jun 7, 2022, 7:25:10 AM6/7/22
to Paz Yedidim, pupil-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paz,

Thanks for getting in touch. This is Pablo from the software development team at Pupil Labs.

Most of the fields stored by this script are explained here. Columns prefixed with `eyes_` are custom fields by the script's author.

Note that gaze is estimated relative to the subject's head, not in the Unity world. In other words, if the head moves while the eyes don't, the estimated gaze won't move either.

The head pose is tracked by Unity and is therefore independent of our software. We cannot provide any support on how to integrate head pose tracking into your script.

To develop a better understanding of the recorded data, I suggest recording a few simple head and eye movements and visualizing the data post-hoc.

Best,
Pablo

--
Pupil Labs

On June 7, 2022 at 11:39 AM, Paz Yedidim (paz.y...@weizmann.ac.il) wrote:
Hello,
I'm Paz, a MsC student in Weizmann Institute.
I use unity and HTC VIVE set combined with Pupil, and I have your calibration plugin and a C# script to save gaze data to csv, that a PhD student in my lab used and built in the past. It is probably an old version (v1.19) and I would like to understand better what is the data exactly? My goal eventually, is to examine the coordination between the head and eye movement on the horizontal plane, so I need to record the head and eye movement on the x-axis (horizontal plane) and the gaze.

I am new in programing, so I ask you for help in understanding what is the best way to do so?

I attach here the script I have from the PhD's previous work.

Thank you,
Paz
<SaveGazeData.cs>