ICE Upgrades for Punto

Arvind Rishi

May 29, 2010, 10:28:36 AM5/29/10
to Punto Users Group India
Guys,

I am thinking of doing some upgrades to my Emotion Pack while keeping
my Headunit intact. Did some research and need inputs from you all
here.

I have checked JBL & Blaupunkt so far, plan to check Harman Infinity,
Rockford Fosgate & Illusion (I think Harman Kardon, Illusion & MTX
will stretch my budget too much) sometime next weekend.

Currently the in JBL I am thinking of getting the following setting.

GT5-265C - 2 way Components for front
GT5-265 - Co-axials for Rear
GT5-644 Amplifier.

The issue is getting power to Amplifier (need to get a cable from
Battery to power the Amp)

Checked with Blaupunkt dealer in Bandra today about the Punto/Linea
compatible upgrades for ICE. The Bluapunkt dealer suggested the
following

VC 662 Pro for Front (http://www.blaupunkt.de/en/products/loudspeakers/
velocity/produkt/vpc_662_pro-1/?no_cache=1)
VX542 for rear (http://www.blaupunkt.de/en/products/loudspeakers/
velocity/produkt/vx_542-1/?no_cache=1)
or VC 542 Pro for rear (http://www.blaupunkt.de/en/products/
loudspeakers/velocity/produkt/vpc_542_pro-1/?no_cache=1)

and for Amp he suggested THA 555 PnP (http://www.blaupunkt.de/en/
products/amplifiers/tha-series/produkt/tha_555_pnp-1/?no_cache=1),
this Amp can be directly connected to the OEM headunit and will be
powered by the headunit. No need to run separate cables from Battery.

Guys, need your inputs on this, I am not very happy with the default
(OEM) speakers. The Blupunkt dealer is saying I really won't be
needing the Amp if I am not putting the sub. The JBL dealer is saying
I would need the Amp. Little confused there on what should be better.

P.S. : I tried to post this on the ICE thread that already exists but
for some reason it was not allowing that.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Amogh Chaphalkar

May 29, 2010, 10:59:22 AM5/29/10
to punto-users...@googlegroups.com
Arvind,

wait for a couple of days ... You will have your answer :)

amogh

Arvind Rishi

May 29, 2010, 11:23:10 AM5/29/10
to punto-users...@googlegroups.com
Amogh,

are you getting some upgrades?

Regards,
Arvind Rishi

Grandeur / Sandeep

May 29, 2010, 2:01:06 PM5/29/10
to Punto Users Group India
yeah...a big upgrade!!! Watch out.. ;)

On May 29, 8:23 pm, Arvind Rishi <rishi.arv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Amogh,
>
> are you getting some upgrades?
>
> Regards,
> Arvind Rishi
>
> On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 8:29 PM, Amogh Chaphalkar <
>

> amogh.chaphal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Arvind,
>
> > wait for a couple of days ... You will have your answer :)
>
> > amogh
>
> > punto-users-group...@googlegroups.com<punto-users-group-indi a%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .
> > > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/punto-users-group-india?hl=en.
>
> > --
> > .

M John

May 30, 2010, 12:00:47 AM5/30/10
to punto-users...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arvind,
I was initially planning on the Active model, then decided on the Emo Pack. Currently I am OK with the originals (the family does not approve loud bass heavy music). So I had done some research on this. The recommended speaker depth is 60mm. So this is something you will have to keep in mind. Some JBL speakers are marginal on this aspect. For the Blaupunkt, they have speakers which are recommended for Punto (I forget the web page). My final decision was GTc 662 for front (rec for Punto by them). These are component speakers with 56 mm depth. They will match the head unit well. For the rear door I was planning on the Blaupunkt GTx 542 two way. This has a depth of 48 mm. These speakers will permit adequate sound damping etc. Both are available in Khan market Delhi. Specs of the speakers are on the Blaupunkt web page.
Johnny

Aniket

May 30, 2010, 12:59:13 AM5/30/10
to Punto Users Group India
http://punto-users-group-india.googlegroups.com/web/kicker+sub?hl=en&gda=z6hegT8AAABkSEi1yHRIxnVINNQkhmj0PO6Ij7BUe545WBw70KzZrsuN8dCD0qaQ_WGZWXI7LSF2qBKrk-rUUv9cl1Fgtubk

my ice setup
1 stock player with aux
2 chicago flipdown 10 inch lcd with dvd usb n gameboy reverc cam
3 stinger hi level to low level converter
4 jbl 4ch amp
5 chicago mono amp
6 front 5" DLS componant
7 stock speaker in rear door drivng from headunit
8 JVC 200W ovel speaker on rear parcel shelf
9 kicker tc 10" sub
10 branded wiring

total 42k+

Gautam Khadse

May 30, 2010, 1:06:15 AM5/30/10
to punto-users...@googlegroups.com
Hey Aniket ,

Awesome setup man .. i coldnt help noticing the yummy shoes you got on there for punto . Could you attach more pictures of the tyres . And also let us know the actual tyre size that you are using on there .

Arvind Rishi

May 30, 2010, 1:54:57 AM5/30/10
to punto-users...@googlegroups.com
Hey Aniket,

Where have you got the Flipdown LCD installed, can you drop in more pics of that?

Regards,
Arvind Rishi

Arvind Rishi

May 30, 2010, 2:01:34 AM5/30/10
to punto-users...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Johnny,

Will check these speakers, as per the Blaupunkt Dealer the Vx & Vc series (Velocity) is the newest series, the speakers are very thin and I really liked the sound quality. The other thing that impressed me was the knowledge of the Blaupunkt dealer, especially about the OEM ICE setup and FIAT wiring.

Anyways, right now I am waiting to hear about the ICE upgrades from Amogh :)

Regards,
Arvind Rishi

Aniket

May 30, 2010, 10:09:42 AM5/30/10
to Punto Users Group India
@arvind
i intalled it from opera house n its manual flipdown nt auto u can
get this in any accessory shop

@ gautam u can see my ride pics in files section

AnanÐ

May 30, 2010, 11:06:50 PM5/30/10
to punto-users...@googlegroups.com
Arvind,

I'd added some on my HU... got the JBL amp with 2 add on speakers with a subwoofer... Had to get a cable from Blaupunkt for 1200 bucks which severed the purpose... I'm enjoying everybit of it now... The sound it amazing now...

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 7:58 PM, Arvind Rishi <rishi....@gmail.com> wrote:

Regards,
AnÐy