Sound Leaking from Exhaust

shake

May 31, 2010, 1:43:40 AM5/31/10
to Punto Users Group India
Hey All,

Last night during the blore rains, i think i scrapped through a
manhole cover, and now have a additional noise from the exhaust, right
under the drivers seat. Didn't get time to get it checked, will take
it for a under body wash to see if its just an exhaust issue, now my
car sounds as if i have added filters, just like a sports car;)
Wanted to ask if anyone has faced this, and does is require immediate
attention?

Thanks
Shake

mandeep

May 31, 2010, 4:28:34 AM5/31/10
to punto-users...@googlegroups.com
maybe a dislocation from the exhaust pipe and catcon joint...or maybe a puncture or rupture in the exhaust line
get it checke asap

cheers
mandeep
99244 55500
93288 88500
valsad
“Keep thy eye on the tach, thine ears on the engine, least thy whirlybits seek communion with the sun”

shake

Jun 1, 2010, 1:36:04 AM6/1/10
to Punto Users Group India
yeah exactly mandy, right at the joint, will have to book an
appointment, and take off from work.
Took it to the nearest fiat ASS, but they don't work on punto, they
lifted the car for me and showed, also said that this rupture/
dislocation can cause fire, as it keeps sparking at high speeds, is
that true?

On May 31, 1:28 pm, mandeep <epicenter.ru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> maybe a dislocation from the exhaust pipe and catcon joint...or maybe a
> puncture or rupture in the exhaust line
> get it checke asap
>

> On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 11:13 AM, shake <abhishek...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey All,
>
> > Last night during the blore rains, i think i scrapped through a
> > manhole cover, and now have a additional noise from the exhaust, right
> > under the drivers seat. Didn't get time to get it checked, will take
> > it for a under body wash to see if its just an exhaust issue, now my
> > car sounds as if i have added filters, just like a sports car;)
> > Wanted to ask if anyone has faced this, and does is require immediate
> > attention?
>
> > Thanks
> > Shake
>
> > --
> > .

CHA0S

Jun 1, 2010, 4:32:21 AM6/1/10
to Punto Users Group India
If your's is a petrol esp. then it might catch fire (MJD can also) as
the exhaust is very hot and on high engine speed, some unburnt fuel is
then filtered in the exhaust system before exiting the system. But in
your case teh gas is escaping before being filtered.

Please repair ASAP.
Further replies on the new forum!!

Amogh Chaphalkar

Jun 1, 2010, 4:36:01 AM6/1/10
to punto-users...@googlegroups.com
PLEASE SHIFT THIS DISCUSSION TO AN APPROPRIATE SECTION ON THE NEW FORUM