Upgrading my tyres to 205/55/r15 & Petes Tuning Box suggestions please

Jay Thilak G

Jun 28, 2010, 7:33:08 AM6/28/10
to Punto Users Group India
Hi all,

I am planning to upsize my stock tyres whcih is of 14" (GP MJD Emotion
14") to 15" as I got new Punto OE alloys from a tyre dealer.Please
suggest me if I go in for 205/55/R15 which brand should I buy.My tyre
dealer told me that Yokohama 205/55/r15 is very good as doesnt have
tyre noise.My place is full of pot holes and uneven roads.Kindly
advice.

Also if any one has upsized please suggest how is the road handling &
the steering toughness for 205/55/R15.I am also planning to install
petes tuning box.I dont know if any one has peted the Grande
Punto.Price quoted by the Petes cochin dealer is Rs2800/- Plus
Rs4000/- for Green Air filter.

Regards,

Jay

Ravi

Jun 28, 2010, 8:40:42 AM6/28/10
to Punto Users Group India
Jay,
Please register teamfiat.co.in/forum and put your question there.

Ravi.

mandeep

Jun 28, 2010, 10:58:29 AM6/28/10
to punto-users...@googlegroups.com
sorry for barging in but v550 or es100 db decibels.
nothing else will do :D
both are yokos

cheers
mandeep
99244 55500
93288 88500
valsad
“Keep thy eye on the tach, thine ears on the engine, least thy whirlybits seek communion with the sun”

Manoj Vaidya

Jun 29, 2010, 2:28:40 AM6/29/10
to punto-users...@googlegroups.com, jayth...@gmail.com
Hi Jay,The OE tyre size of Punto is 196/60 R 15 where the Dia of tyre is 615 mm
with 205/55 R 15 the tyre dia will reduce to 606.5 mm

its better to stick to the OE size what you can do is by 195/60 R 15 YOKOHAMA ES 100 that will solve your purpose.

I ve 205/55 R 15 S Drive YOKOHAMA's on my Verna. and they are super fine. but these tyres have rim guards on both sides and hence its wider than normal 205 width Tyre.

currently I m using the 2nd set of these tyres. but the performance is not as good as the earlier set. its great on tarmac / concrete and wet grip on both these surfaces. but a lil offroading and I   lost 3 tyres with huge cuts on side walls. within 10 K

Now I m going to try Michelin Pilot preseda 205/55 R 15 but they are not available anywhere.

MV
98339 32715

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Jay Thilak G <jayth...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks & Regards