Fwd: Please forward- Fundraiser for Aniridia Research - Rekha Bhardwaj-Live in Concert-Oct 1st in Raleigh.

1 view

Punjabi Unlimited - President

Aug 29, 2017, 2:45:37 PM8/29/17
to Information Mailbox

Fundraiser for Aniridia Research
By Anou Foundation & AKM Realty

Legendary Singer Rekha Bhardwaj-Live in Concert
Promo
Facebook Event

Date: Sunday, October 1
Time: 5:30 PM-8 PM
Venue: Raleigh Memorial Auditorium

Childcare Available by The Goddard School
Tickets- BUY 10 GET 2 FREE 50% -Early Bird Sale (Conditions apply)
Kids under 10: $25 only , Student (under 23)/Seniors -$10 off
Contact - Neeraj & Shipra Jain or Arvind & Neha Mahajan
Donations and Ticket purchase is tax-deductible.

Why Aniridia Fundraiser? What is Aniridia?
Video by Neeraj & Shipra Jain

Message from both

Vision is something that plays an important role in the life of any person, much less a child. The loss or impairment of it is something that can only truly be felt by experiencing it. Imagine a three year old child sitting in a vibrant classroom, while her world is completely black, learning brail. Consider a 7 year-old child listening to the sounds of children in her neighborhood playing games in the street, unable to join the fun because she cannot see quick movements. Imagine growing up having never experienced a game of tag or hide and seek. For Anoushka Jain, every day is like a game of hide and seek, sadly one in which she cannot easily find the person or object she is looking for.

Anoushka struggles with daily life that so many of us take for granted. The ability to sit anywhere in a classroom and participate in your education. The ability to play with friends. The ability to participate in extracurricular activities. The ability to sit with your family on a couch watching a television show.

Anoushka is lucky. She is surrounded by loving family and friends who are determined to fight with her for a better tomorrow. Together with family and friends, Anoushka has defined a new normal. Her differences are celebrated. Her future is uncertain as any other 12 year old, but we know that it will be bright.

Please join us as we help so many like Anoushka – those battling diseases and disorders that little is known about. Together, we can be the difference we want to see for our children.

image1.JPG