Need help - Lost in translation

reignapujary

Sep 17, 2008, 7:06:05 AM9/17/08
to Punjabi Translation
Hi Guys,

I am knew to this group and also new to Punjab. I basically belong to
Bangalore but have relocated after my wedding.

I need some translation help.

I want a tagda Punjabi jawab for "How are you"?
In the sense, how do I respond "I am fine" in thet punjabi.

I look forward to your response

Amanpreet

Sep 17, 2008, 8:38:32 AM9/17/08
to punjabi-t...@googlegroups.com

On ੧੭-੦੯-੨੦੦੮, at ੦੪:੩੬ ਸ਼ਾਮ,
reignapujary wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I am knew to this group and also new to Punjab. I basically belong to
> Bangalore but have relocated after my wedding.
>
> I need some translation help.
>
> I want a tagda Punjabi jawab for "How are you"?
> In the sense, how do I respond "I am fine" in thet punjabi.

it will be like "Thik Thak or Vadiya"

thanks
Aman
http://alamwalia.blogspot.com

shavinder singh

Sep 17, 2008, 1:01:21 PM9/17/08
to punjabi-t...@googlegroups.com
if you want a real punjabi jawab it would be "chardi kalaa" ie "in ascending spirits" or "in high spirits".
.
.
.

Alternatively it could also be "first class".
Ques: "hor bai ji kiddan?"
Ans: "first class."

Dont be fooled into thinking that its an english phrase beacuse it is 'bloody naught', the damn britishers took it from us. Maharaja Ranjit Singh used it often in his court

(tell me it was not funny, he he)

cheers.