Need Open Source Data Visualization Javascript library.

jay w

Mar 18, 2012, 7:07:06 AM3/18/12
to pune...@googlegroups.com, Free Software Users' Group of PICT, circle_of...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

   I want to get my hands wet with some data visualization and analytics for which
I am seeking some good Javascript libraries. The library should be.

1. Open source
2. Actively being maintained or developed.
3. Should use advanced features like HTML5 Canvas for charting (but this is not really a required condition)
4. Preferably JQuery based.

   So far I have explored the following:
1. HighCharts (not open source)
2. Javascript InfoVis Toolkit, also called JIT (seems bit older, but feel free to express your thoughts over this)
3. jQuery Visualize Plugin (considerable but needs a table in html and draws a chart from it. Better it accepts some JS object and draws the chart.)
4. jQuery Sparklines (this is awesome, but only for inline charting. :( )
5. Google Charts API (not open source)

if any better suggestions, shoot me a reply.

--
Thanks & Regards

Blog: The4thDimension