Fwd: [PS1] PLEASE VOTE! Deadline is Monday!

Carl Karsten

Dec 30, 2018, 1:55:17 PM12/30/18
to PS1

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Ryan Pierce <rdpi...@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, Dec 30, 2018 at 12:48 PM
Subject: [PS1] PLEASE VOTE! Deadline is Monday!
To: Pumping Station: One <pumping-s...@googlegroups.com>

Two important votes have been proposed.

One is for an interim budget so areas can continue to run after Jan 1 until a full yearly budget can be approved. Political dysfunction has shut down the government in Washington. Let's not let the same thing happen at PS:One. If this vote fails quorum, then area host spending authority is gone for at least a week.

Also, the officer term limit vote is very important. Right now, Jennie P. is the only candidate running for treasurer, and under the current bylaws, she is ineligible to serve due to how term limits are defined. I personally think she will do a fine job in office if elected. But we're now in an awkward situation. She's a Schrödinger's candidate. She might be able to serve, or might not.

If the Officer Term Limit vote passes on 1/1, then the awkward situation is resolved.

If the Officer Term Limit vote doesn't pass on 1/1 due to quorum, then the next time to vote on it is 1/8. But that's the deadline to nominate candidates, and the date of the catered meeting where candidates will give their stump speeches. We are really cutting it close if we won't know until 1/8 if she is eligible to run.

So please, let's open this Schrödinger's box and collapse the wave function. Proxy voting is open until 8 PM Monday.

Ryan

Carl K