2021 budget proposal

Carl Karsten

Dec 15, 2020, 3:28:13 AM12/15/20
to pumping-s...@googlegroups.com, pumping-statio...@googlegroups.com
2020 was unique.  I suspect 2021 will also be unique in it's own way.

Jan to mid March was normal.
April - June we had over 550 members, closed the doors.  facilities expenses dropped from 14,000 to 12,000, and no one was breaking tools.  Money was going into the bank accounts,  but we did lose a few members each week.
July we continued to lose members and started letting members break tools as they made trash and messed up the bathrooms.
Wind or something broke the AC or something.
It is now December, we have 450 members, but still the same $96k/year rent.

What will 2021 be like?  I don't know.  What will PS1 be like?

That is up to the will of the membership.

As the treasure, I will look up numbers.
example:
We have 155k cash in the bank, and last year's budget vote says:

"The board of directors must set aside $133,000.00 as a savings requirement that covers 10 months of operational costs"  - https://wiki.pumpingstationone.org/2020_Budget_Vote#Savings_Requirements

There are many choices that may or may not have a significant impact on our finances, 2021 will be another year of uncharted territory.   I don't know if we will keep losing members at the same rate.  The rate changes now and then.

Many fingers have been in and on those spreadsheets.  There is a rumor that one of the formulas is broken because making something better didn't make it better. I have reviewed it and can't find such a problem but if you notices something, speake up.

Yes, there are things that can be cut, and there are things we can spend more money on, and there are things that will bring in more money.  Most everything has some sort of risk and or cost.

If you are new, feel free to dive in and talk about this.  Everyone is invited.   I suspect this will be a topic at tonight's meeting.

Whether or not we should slam on the breaks or keep the pedal to the metal is not something I think the treasure should speculate on.

The Carls the members however, we have many options and will happily share the moment someone asks.

In 2009, PS1 was 38 Members with nothing, not even a building.
 *  Need to have safety equipment like fire extinguishers replenished at all times.

We have 150k, 450 members and a building full of suff.

Carl K
and maybe Jennie Vulture too.
Treasurer
Pumping Station: One

Carl Karsten

Dec 15, 2020, 1:19:11 PM12/15/20
to Pumping Station One, Carl Karsten, PS1

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 12:10 PM Mlyn <mlyn...@gmail.com> wrote:
Parties needs money to pay for Meetup. I need at least $250 to keep Meetup going. We get people who join Meetup every week.
Thanks,

it's in there under
Admin...
Meals & Entertainment $250.00