Monday 11 July, Level 2

Caroline M Mwaniki

Jul 11, 2011, 11:52:54 PM7/11/11
to pul...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

we had class today, despite the announcement at 9:00 pm that the space was required for a baby shower - I decided to carry on with class until the guests of the said shower arrived. As it turned out, they started trickling in around 9:50 pm - so it worked out well. However, contest for the space at 9:00 pm seems to be escalating...

Class was very productive today. We spent the first half on a simple exercise where students were required to fill in 9 blanks with appropriate conjugations of the verb "to be".  Students are very comfortable with the first and third person singular conjugations (I am and S/he is). However, the rest were problematic for at least three of the students as far as spelling and producing the correct form. This verb recurs frequently in the lessons in "Sam and Pat" so I will make a note of reviewing its conjugation whenever it comes up.

We spent the second half of class discussing and reading through the sentences in Lesson 4. The students are reading with much more confidence, and participating in discussions with a lot of enthusiasm. Because the focus in Lesson 4 was Sam taking the bus to work and arriving late, we ended class with a discussion on different modes of transportation.

I told students that there will be class tomorrow, and that I would be teaching together with Abena - assuming that we have access to the room. Shall we give it a go tomorrow Abena?

A great week to all!

--
Caroline Mwaniki
Department of French/Institute of French Studies

Abena Asare

Jul 12, 2011, 12:34:00 PM7/12/11
to pul...@googlegroups.com
Yes, Caroline, Let's try today and see how it goes!
-A