Design Brief

1 view

jaho...@googlemail.com

Nov 26, 2007, 3:00:52 AM11/26/07
to Puk7
To take the existing 7 and redesign it to take advantage of the
materials and construction techniques now commercially available. The
aim is to produce a car of the same form as a 7 but improve the crash
worthiness and reduce build time. Target weight is 400kg in road spec
(SVA compliant). Chassis stiffness to match that of an Elise. The
finished car needs to be able to embarrasses a Caterham of similar
power to weight.

jaho...@googlemail.com

Nov 27, 2007, 7:26:23 AM11/27/07
to Puk7
Of course you can build anything if armed with imagination and
unlimited resources. So I'm going to put a target price for the
rolling chassis at £1500. For a 7, and ignoring the engine, that must
be 80% of the cost. So, picking a number out of the air, I'm going to
target a total on the road target of £3000. Ok its a long way from a
Locost, but I'm not sure that many of them have been built for £250 in
recent years.

I think that hitting the target can only be achieved by completing as
much of the design on paper (well keyboard and screen) before
actually beginning construction proper.

James

On 26 Nov, 09:00, "ja...@netbriller.com" <jahob...@googlemail.com>