Do you grow milkweed? A PSU grad student needs your help!

Michelle Niedermeier

Jul 22, 2021, 4:45:17 PMJul 22
to Philadelphia Urban Farm Network
Posted on behalf of PSU grad student Lilly Germeroth
MN

Do you grow milkweed or know someone who does? If so, I'd love to gather your thoughts on what milkweed species you grow and your preferences between species! A secure Qualtrics survey is below and feel free to share this link with others. This survey takes 5 minutes or less.

Got Milkweed? Assessment of gardener decision-making -https://pennstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_018VHF2773UwRV4

This is for my graduate research with Dr. Sara Hermann, seeking to better understand gardener preferences and how insect communities vary between milkweed species plantings! Please feel free to contact me with comments or questions here or at lmger...@psu.edu

Thanks,

Lilly

Lilly Germeroth (she/her)

Graduate Student, Ecology

Hermann Lab of Arthropod Ecology and Trophic Interactions

Penn State University

Michelle Niedermeier

Aug 9, 2021, 6:25:34 PMAug 9
to Philadelphia Urban Farm Network
Part 2:

If you have access to milkweed (particularly common, swamp, or butterfly milkweed), please consider observing the insects on it and report them here! The purpose of this quick survey is to better understand the difference in insect community and monarch presence between these species. The idea is to report the insect community at a snapshot of time, ideally filling out the survey while looking at the plant. There are guides throughout the survey to aide identification!

This survey is to aide my graduate research on monarch predator prey interactions and conservation efforts with Dr. Sara Hermann in her lab of Arthropod Ecology and Trophic Interactions!

Thanks in advance, and please feel free to reply to this email to let me know if you have any questions!