Re: Invitation to Community Forestry Webinars: The Role of Climate Change on Forest Trees, Including Fall Coloration, in the Eastern U.S.

Kimberly Labno

Jul 22, 2021, 9:52:32 PM7/22/21
to pu...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021, 2:15 PM Penn State Extension <extensi...@psu.edu> wrote:
Community Forestry Webinars: The Role of Climate Change on Forest Trees, Including Fall Coloration, in the Eastern U.S.

Join Marc Abrams, Ph.D. Steimer Professor, Department of Ecosystem Science and Management at Penn State University as he presents Community Forestry Webinars: The Role of Climate Change on Forest Trees, Including Fall Coloration, in the Eastern U.S. The eastern US is unique in that climate change (warming) has been mainly limited to the northern tier. This has been coupled with an increase in precipitation, which has mitigated most of the negative impacts seen in the western US and many other locations worldwide. While some negative impacts of climate change exist in eastern forests, there are a surprising number of ways that trees have benefited, such as the increase in CO2 stimulating photosynthesis, water-use efficiency, and growth. The main impact on fall color to date has been in delaying peak colors by a few days to a few weeks depending on location in the eastern US.

When
Wed., Sep. 15, 2021
(12:00 PM - 1:00 PM ET)
Format
Live Online
via Zoom

Learn More

About the Series
The trees that line our streets and roads, shade our yards, beautify our parks and playgrounds, and protect our streams are all part of the community forest that provides a wealth of benefits to each of us. Over the years, the number of trees (or tree cover) in our communities have been declining for various reasons including attack from invasive pests, injury from construction activities or deicing salts, improper tree care practices, unwarranted removals by some and lack of funding for replacement of declining trees. Each month the Community Forestry Webinars will explore topics related to the planting, care, and management of our community trees.
Credits Available
  • ISA Certified Arborist CEUs will be awarded for those attending live presentations.
  • Landscape Architecture CEUs will be awarded through a certificate for those attending live presentations.
  • Certificates of attendance available upon request for those attending live presentations.
We hope you can join us!
This event is being offered at no charge to participants.
Registration is required to receive the link to access the webinar.
Registrants will also receive access to the webinar recording.
RSVP
To RSVP, please click Yes or No by September 14, 2021.
We look forward to your response.
If you no longer want to receive emails from Penn State Extension, please Opt-Out.

Cvent - Web-based Software Solutions