SHARING Job Opp'y, Executive Director, LandHealth Institute

Liza Herzog

Sep 11, 2021, 1:19:43 PM9/11/21
to Philadelphia Urban Farm Network
We are looking for LandHealth's next Executive Director. About LandHealth:

LandHealth Institute, a Philadelphia-based nonprofit founded in 2014 in the Parkside neighborhood of West Philadelphia, restores land and reconnects people to nature through immersive at-the-source environmental education, ecological restoration, and vacant land revitalization. We build robust community engagement to elicit a deeper understanding of community ecology, economy, and historic and cultural identity as part of rich, holistic planning and design projects that inspire civic empowerment and healing. We spark, ignite and germinate real change to restore the natural, social and economic health of urban communities.

An eight-member Board, small staff (including Drexel Co-Op students) and a growing member and volunteer base support our work. We serve the city of Philadelphia, with a wide impact, reaching partners and stakeholders throughout the region. Our efforts have resulted in restoring acres of blighted, vacant land through community-based partnerships and projects. We work with hundreds of Philadelphia public school students ages 6-18 through ‘at-the-source’ watershed-based immersive education, and adults through ecologically-driven programming.

LandHealth is seeking an Executive Director (ED), responsible for leading LandHealth as it relates to the strategic direction and overall management of the organization to:

● identify, implement and execute short- and long-term strategic goals

● be held accountable by the Board of Directors for achieving these goals

● coordinate with leadership to shape the future of LandHealth

Interested candidates, please send a Letter of Interest, resume and two references to: in...@landhealthinstitute.org.

Thank you! Liza