Mikki Prost: 9th Annual Patsy Cline Memorial

Gary R. Beck

Mar 6, 2021, 4:37:58 PM3/6/21
to PV OT/SS IO Group, PV GT Google, PV OT/SS Google
Mikki Prost

The 9th Annual Patsy Cline Memorial Show March 4th at 6pm Nacho Daddy

On March 3, 1963, Patsy Cline gave her final performance at a ceremony for a lost friend. The weather was inclemant and the plane's pilot became befuddled and crashed resulting in the deaths of all aboard. Mikki has assembled the exact final concert and performs it here annually as a fond tribute to this superstar icon.

Tonight's memorial started with a moment of silence in Patsy's honor. Mikki announced that this memorial show will cover the last 64 days of the singer's life. At the tribute fundraiser in Tennessee where she last performed, she unveiled a selection of newly recorded compositions which proved to be her last studio performances. Mikki promised she would trace tonight the song list emphasizing the third set Patsy performed matching the third set of songs she had earlier recorded.

Mikki is backed with the live music of Chas Díaz on bass and Skeeter Tiedman from Colorado on lead guitar. The group started this salute with "Blue Moon of Kentucky" from 1963. "You Took Him Off My Hands" ["Now please take him off my mind."] is a gorgeous song not heard very often. The lyrics match the melody in quality of work. Mikki embraced the entire composition and sent it flying through the room.

"That's How a Heartache Begins" The three on stage worked together sounding as they had united for years on end. Great musicians can step into a song and resound with balancing chords. The duo guitars supplied live rhythm and notes. A little Patsy swing followed with the rare recording "Them Shoes Don't Fit Me Anymore" known in short "Shoes": "Our love is like the shoes that you wore yesterday." "Crazy Arms" is an uptempo swinger featuring castanets or percussion clappers providing the constant beat.

Taken from the song list of their ongoing show here, Take Two with Chas, Mikki sang a little-heard "Never No More". Patsy sings of replacing the old blues lover with one who makes her happy. From the year 1902[!], "[Won't You Come Home] Bill Bailey" was beloved by Patsy and she sang it that last fateful night. The writer based the words on those spoken by a regular bar customer describing his odd hours to his wife. "Leavin' on Your Mind" was a delightful pleasure by Mikki, who is fortunate to adore an icon with a saddle full of great song material for her to peruse, choose and project.

"She's Got You" is one of Patsy's signature songs which was written by Hank Cochran. She is left with little memories while the new girl has 'you'. This Cochran song became upbeat jazz-pop with country overtones. Patsy successfully crossed over into pop and made her reputation one of "No dough, No show." She headlined in Las Vegas, unheard of for a woman. Mikki continued this exact last Patsy concert with "Heartaches": "I should be happy with someone new but my heart aches for you."

Never to be omitted, Mikki subtly but with strength achieved "Sweet Dreams [Of You]" by Don Gibson. Patsy covered The Wills Brothers [Bill and Johnny] song "Faded Love" and made it her very own with stunning rich vocals. Mikki loves this tune and exercized vast emotions in its delivery, accompanied by Chas' soft appropriate background vocals. Patsy was blessed to be associated with some very fine Nashville songwriters. Hank Cochran and Harlan Howard supplied "I Fall to Pieces" which evolved into another of Patsy's signature songs. The Jordanaires supplied fabulous background vocals for many of Patsy's hits some of which crossed over into pop and adult contemporary. She became a worldwide sensation.

"Crazy", is Patsy's best known signature song. No show is complete without at least one presentation of this masterpiece. Mikki has this song in her soul and often can exhibit her inner emotions caused by all these memories, sad that she lived such a short life, that there is no more of her voice immortalizing song compositions but happy that she left a legacy of her fantastic efforts. "I'll Sail My Ship Alone" ended the memorial concert. Mikki hopes, "May her music live on and on."

Fifty-eight years ago today, on March 3, 1963, Patsy performed her final show. The singer was killed two days later on March 5 in a plane crash. On the evening of March 3, Cline performed three benefit shows at the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall in Kansas City, KS. to raise money for the family of DJ Jack "Cactus" Hall, who had been killed in an automobile accident that January, 1963.

https://theboot.com/patsy-cline-final-show/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Mikki states, "It is an overwhelming joy to bring you not only the music of this outstanding music icon, who's music continues to live on, but some of the story behind this amazing artist. If this will be your first time seeing this show, I promise you will walk away with more love in your heart for Patsy, her voice and her music."

Mikki announced, "Because so many people who have been coming every year to this show are not with us in Puerto Vallarta this season, we will be filming this show and posting it on YouTube on a date to be announced later."

More photos on the Facebook Shows page listed below.

Nacho Daddy
Basilio Badillo 287
SouthSide, Colonia Emiliano Zapata
Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, MX. Tickets: http://www.nachodaddy.mx
322-688-5566

Gary R. Beck
Puerto Vallarta, JAL.

A Note from Nacho Daddy management:

MAKING THIS PANDEMIC PAND-EPIC!

We are slowly bringing bringing back live entertainment, keeping a careful eye on safety and guidelines. We have a great season of entertainment lined up and can’t wait to see everyone, whenever you are ready to come say hi. Audience capacity is currently limited to 50% downstairs and 40% upstairs, and we are also streaming all performances LIVE on Facebook and YouTube!
For everyone's safety, Nacho Daddy will only have one performance per evening upstairs at Nacho Daddy until further notice.
PatsyCline3.3.63.jpg
MikkiProstPatsyClineMemorial21.2.jpg
MikkiProstPatsyClineMemorial21.6.jpg
MikkiProstPatsyClineMemorial21.8.jpg