Amy Armstrong & Fernando González: Vivas Las Divas

1 view

Gary R. Beck

May 7, 2021, 2:35:55 PM5/7/21
to PV OT/SS IO Group, PV GT Google, PV OT/SS Google

Amy Armstrong & Fernando González
Vivas Las Divas

Tonight's show is a new creation where these two fine artists travel the roads of top popular female singers, the Divas of the World. This has been a tremendous undertaking selecting only one show's worth of tunes out of tens of thousands which could be chosen. But, well aware of this duo's musical tastes and crossing genres, the recordings will be stellar inclusions.

The Covid-19 sellout of their followers arrived with love and a desire to hear some fantastic music. Joining the duo tonight was town favorite "Pepe" José Galván Garcia on bass guitar. Amy
and Fernando enjoyed a brief journey to the USA and have now returned with two newly created shows. In addition to this Divas tribute, they upgraded their Spanglish entitled Spanglish 2.0. It incorporates songs not heard at the first time, mixing the two languages.

Amy started with Dua Lipa, one of the female musical trailblazers featured tonight, she being the newest one. ["Don't show up"] "Don't Start Now" lit a fire in the crowd and the show was on. She moved into another Dua tune "Levitating": {You're my starlight, moonlight. I see us written in the stars.]" There were plentiful sequences of comic monologues, ribbing whomever she felt compelled to honor at the moment. Amy runs an ongoing course in looking at all of life with sideways vision.

The band settled into a stellar song "Million Reasons" from Lady Gaga. Amy absorbed the lyrics and emotions and shone it over the room. She was delightful with the two guitarists an equal part of the evening marked by their years of strumming experience and singing background. Amy made the song even more special with her unique style and impressions. Andra Day's "Rise Up" was perfectly suited for Amy's own struggles coupled with this world epidemic. She sings, "In spite of the ache I will rise a thousand times again. I'll rise up unafraid." The composition and Amy's delivery touched everyone present who roared loudly when she was finished. This is why the experts say music is a healer.

Amy fell into entertaining on gay cruise ships and immediately loved the entire adventure. She finds gays to be so full of life, love and energy. She said "I don't want to be called a Fag Hag. I prefer a Fruit Fly", since she is no hag. The guitar work led to Aretha Franklin who broke out with "Baby I Love You". At times, throughout the evening, the two men stood forth and battled harmoniously with each other while Amy watched in admiration. Then she would take to the mic and release the lyrics.

No nice and easy for Tina Turner riding on a riverboat queen called "Proud Mary": "That big wheel keeps on turning, burning, rolling on the river. Amy was on board with enthusiasm while the two guys played their guitars with excellence, adding their "rolling's".

A necessary salute was waiting for Annie Lennox who paved the path for women to be open and themselves.
"Here Comes the Rain Again" was stunning and driving. No one was sitting still. There was a brief mashup of "Sweet Dreams", another classic and stellar origination of Annie and her duo Eurythmics. The song list enlarged to include Celine Dion and Billie Eilish who humorously presented "Bad Guy". Stay away from her.

A stirring duet performance "Shallow" positioned Amy singing in English while Fernando lent his part in Spanish. It was a tour de force, an Oscar winner, one which will be remembered and cherished for a long time. Amy lavished praise on her two men, stellar in their field. This season continues longer than ever before and she urged everyone to attend a show or ten, support the fabulous artists and venue staff and bring joy to all around the community.

More photos on the Facebook Shows page listed below.

Nacho Daddy
Basilio Badillo 287
SouthSide, Colonia Emiliano Zapata
Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, MX. Tickets: http://www.nachodaddy.mx
322-688-5566

Gary R. Beck
Puerto Vallarta, JAL.
A Note from Nacho Daddy management:

MAKING THIS PANDEMIC PAND-EPIC!

We are slowly bringing bringing back live entertainment, keeping a careful eye on safety and guidelines. We have a great season of entertainment lined up and can’t wait to see everyone, whenever you are ready to come say hi. Audience capacity is currently limited to 50% downstairs and 40% upstairs, and we are also streaming all performances LIVE on Facebook and YouTube!
For everyone's safety, Nacho Daddy will only have one performance per evening upstairs at Nacho Daddy until further notice.

AmyArmstrongFernandoGonzálezVivasLasDivias21.1.jpeg
AmyArmstrongFernandoGonzálezVivasLasDivias21.2.jpg
AmyArmstrongFernandoGonzálezVivasLasDivias21.3.jpg