José Martinez

Gary R. Beck

Jun 5, 2021, 5:21:15 PM6/5/21
to PV OT/SS IO Group, PV GT Google, PV OT/SS Google, Marsha Ward Ross, Marsha Ross
José Martinez
He's Back!
The King of Pop Lives

"A musical and dance tribute to Michael Jackson"

"Michael Jackson extravaganza!" With much excitement in the air, Michael Jackson returns to Act2PV with an all-new show, "He’s Back!" This thrilling musical creation is dedicated to the creative genius and talent of the King of Pop. The show enjoyed a successful run earlier and now the community has a chance to witness this wild night or return for another viewing. He and his associates have added some new songs, more sexy moves and fabulous new costumes.
One felt as if they were sitting watching a musical play or show on Broadway, not a concert. The only script is the songs' lyrics and a brief "Thank you".

Danny Mininni expressed the venue´s happiness that José has returned for a short run with a new show actually assembled in the last week or two. "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" ignited the evening with six dancers entering in total black dress, including sunglasses and hat. José emerged looking similar but with gold trim and braids. He moved, nodded and posed as we would expect Michael Jackson to do. Tonight promised to be a visual and musical journey through the life of the 20th Century’s most ingenious musician. The three pairs of dancers were beautifully choreographed, swaying from one side to spinning in the other direction. Matters became mysterious with "Smooth Criminal" as José slid across the floor on his toe-tips. The recorded music running in the background were long cuts from Michael´s own recordings.

The designated King of Pop created music and dance movements which forever changed the pop music world. Chart-topping was the assured every time his recording label Motown released his compositions. José is a talented Venezuelan television personality who has performed from Brazil to Mexico spreading the appreciation of Michael's music. His stage is occupied by dancers - Oswaldo Chacon, Luiger Paez, Pacos Miranda, Regina Gomez, Mary Fernanda, Mery Zambrano, Carlos Duque.

Spotlights exploded with the ultra-classic "Beat It". No one present had the ability to sit still. The room's mood settled in for the sweet "Human Nature", sung delicately by José.
Reflecting the attire image, he discussed "Black or White": "If you're thinkin' of being my brother, It don't matter if you're black or white." José contracted laryngitis so he relied on Michael´s vocals with an extra Whoop! of his own added in. The gloved one whooped and shrieked as his body moved lengthwise and his feet displayed his famous self-created moonwalk.

After a costume change intermission, José
harked back to the formative years when Michael and his brothers performed on Motown Records as The Jackson 5. They filled the stage with shiny colored jackets singing a medley of their hits including "I Want You Back", "The Love You Save" and "ABC". Then José went solo settling down for the lusciously beautiful pledge "I'll Be There". These were some Motown hits in the 70s starting when he was only twelve.

A surprise highlight was a duet with Gina Ramirez who has been backing Diana Villamonte in her Whitney Houston shows. This lady had the talent to go far in this adventure: "I Just Can't Stop Loving You". The smoothness of the ballad was impassioned with dual tremendous emotion.

The 1980s brought the historic albums/cds "Off The Wall" and "Thriller" with one classic song after another. The production of "Billie Jean" was stunning with plentiful dancing arrangements starting with a driving background music adding to the atmosphere. "Man in the Mirror" featured synchronized choreography amongst the six dancers and José. "They Don't Care About Us" flew out while each dancer was given a solo spot. This collection of professionals is brilliant and showed many rehearsal hours, marked with this number displaying their hard work and successful accomplishments. At times, they performed as a solo, duo, trio, then all six.

Stillness on the set led to a throng of zombies exploring the area, then Michael appeared in his trademark red jacket and the rhythm moved to "Thriller", his spooky, creepy look at the risen dead. Otherworldly figures danced back and forth, lunging to the front, slinking backwards. The total delivery was quite impressive. Then, joy burst forth with a swinging dance number "Can You Feel It" executed terrifically. "Don’t Stop 'til You Get Enough" was the theme of the evening: "Keep on with the force." The stage went black with only green spots while the background band music played a short medley of some tunes as everyone filed out of the room.

Although the world lost this soul in 2009, his music lives for eternity and José's mission is to show the icon's influence on music worldwide.

Show produced and directed by José Martinez.
Musical and visual producer: José Martinez.
Costume Designer: Erick Betancourt. Manager: Marc Aguilar.

More photos on the Facebook Shows group below.

Act2PV Entertainment - Seventh Season
Stages
Insurgentes 300 [corner of Basilio Badillo and Insurgentes], second floor
Romantic Zone/SouthSide, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco.
322-222-1512
Show info and tickets available at www.act2pv.com
E-mail: act2entertainm...@gmail.com
The box office is open from 4 pm - 10 pm.

Gary R.Beck
More of Beck's Best: Theater, Cabaret and More!:

A Note from the management of Act2PV: Stages
As the world navigates its way through the changes that have occurred recently, Act2PV is very serious about protecting our clients, our staff and our entertainers!
In addition to observing all governmental requirements (Masks required, hand sanitizers, feet sanitizers, temperatures taken, etc.), Act2PV has implemented extra safety measures in our Main Stage theater, including ozone purifiers, ozone disinfectors, air purifiers and heppa filters. We will also be operating at 25% capacity, with some seats blocked off in order to follow governmental social distancing requirements. Your well-being is our #1 priority!
Have you heard the news? Live entertainment is back and better than ever in PV, with an all new space created just for you, an open air and socially distanced venue following every protocol to ensure your safety.
Come, and enjoy our wonderful shows.
Danny Mininni, managing partner.
JoséMartinezMichaelJacksonHe'sBack21.3.jpg
JoséMartinezMichaelJacksonHe'sBack21.5.jpg
JoséMartinezMichaelJacksonHe'sBack21.3.jpeg