The Royals: Roy Gómez-Cruz, Maru Eugenia Prado Conti and Tonny Kenneth

Gary R. Beck

Apr 9, 2021, 2:34:26 PM4/9/21
to PV OT/SS IO Group, PV GT Google, PV OT/SS Google
The Royals
Mercury, Prince & Gaga Tribute Concert

Roy Gómez-Cruz, star of the highly successful energetic "Queen Live Forever", Maru Eugenia Prado Conti who blew off the cabaret's roof with her dynamite tribute to Lady Gaga, "This Is Gaga" and Tonny Kenneth who thrilled onlookers with his "Prince Tribute". These three artists new to The Palm Cabaret bring this complicated season to an end. With such talent, the new show has all the signatures of a blockbuster finale.

Saluting Queen, Roy, a singer, dancer and pianist, portrays lead vocalist Freddie, displaying this icon's enormous energy.

Maru hails from Argentina where she established herself as a singer, dancer, actress and vocal coach and is known for her Lady Gaga tributes and Broadway shows back home.

Tonny has taken upon the legendary Prince, a lofty ambition, and convinces the audience that he is wild yet talented and creative.

The trio entered the room singing off each other marvelously. It is remarkable that in such a short time period, not knowing each other until recently, that these three fine, young artists can blend and harmonize in a very natural sense. The crowd caught the fever from the onset with loud cheers, claps, singing along in a touching sense of fun. People were in attendance to forget their cares and let it down for a marvelous evening of high-spirited glee.

Maru started the first portion of the show where each icon is saluted by the performer. Maru started off with "Edge of Glory", a spirited number which soared Lady Gaga to the top. The driving beat drove the crowd into 'madness'. "Come on, Puerto Vallarta, how are you?" With long smooth blond hair, she worked into "Marry The Night".

Tonny bounced on stage and blasted "Let's Go Crazy", a number to arouse any group of listeners. The song was released in a top selling CD "Purple Rain" and then the movie. His Prince moves were exact and well-choreographed, including a wide use of his arms. A video ran as he went into "I Wanna Be Your Lover" using his clear falsetto trademark throughout his performances. Prince descended from the stars cooing his smash tune "When Doves Cry", at times lying on the floor as being beat down by rain.

Last, but clearly not the least, Roy claimed center stage as Freddie singing his "Living On My Own". Guitars blared "Don't Stop Me Now", a memorable song by Queen. Roy embodies the star in every body movement and inflection in his voice. He went from one side to the other, singing out to individual visitors and convincing some that this is the real deal. He was a loose cannon before everyone and they were delightfully impressed.

"Another One Bites The Dust" came blasting outwards and with encouragement, the audience entered the party with shouts, singing, standing and applauding. Roy called for more response and he received a loud rolling chant from every part of the room. The Lady joined in wildly with a series of claps of "Radio Ga Ga", then "I Want To Break Free". A solidly strong song "Under Pressure" sounded like nails being hammered into the walls. The excitement was all around, with this song which has the markings of a David Bowie tune.

Prince returned to give the crowd a "Kiss" which Tonny took under his experienced wings and gave a resounding 'event' before all of us. Freddie described this "Crazy Little Thing Called Love". The video screens were on high alert, furnishing recorded clips of the three artists and their songs. Kaleidoscopes of color swirled across the screens intermingled with actual star visuals. Many times the attire on stage matched that of the video presentations. Maru gave us one hundred percent Lady Gaga with the remarkable "You and I" while the video played on each side. "Been a long time but I'm back in town. This time I'm not leaving without you."

The three reunited for the foot-stomping "We Will Rock You". No one present was able to resist the musical energy spewing forth. Imaginary lines of people could be seen marching in a row. Roy's alter ego is Freddy Mercury. He possesses the man in all his fortitude, singing, dancing and using his microphone stick as a guitar as he lay on the stage. "We Are The Champions" brought the accustomed stadium cheers - "We'll keep on fighting till the end." Tonny soloed wrapped in a flowing luxurious purple cape which he swirled to the sides as he sang "Purple Rain". He showed his stuff on this musical segment.

Music lovers had plenty to enjoy as eyes could not rest too long on one artist before observing another one. None of them tried to make it their show alone; they worked together with one purpose in sight, a joyous, smooth relationship. The Lady Gaga tune which always thrills the attendees is "Bad Romance" and Maru pulled that song from deep inside her body. "I want your drama, the touch of your hand. I want your leather-studded kiss in the sand." All three joined for the landmark "Bohemian Rhapsody": "Easy Come Easy Go", possibly Queen's greatest hit.

For a short run, these three singers designed a show to broadcast their unique tribute talents, displaying new friendships to cultivate and enjoy. They arranged and rehearsed the evening in rapid speed in order to end the season at The Palm Cabaret on a marvelously solid note or a hundred, giving us so much live entertainment to await this upcoming fall season.

Find more photos on my Facebook Shows page below.

The Palm Cabaret
Olas Altas 508
Zona Romántica - Southside, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
21st Anniversary Season
Tickets:
www.ThePalmCabaret.com
322-222-0200/322-182-9656
The box office is open from 10 am - 10 pm.

A note from The Palm Cabaret management:  SAFETY FIRST, ENTERTAINMENT ALWAYS We have installed a new retractable roof for air flow and five new air filtration systems to take out old air and bring in fresh cool air. Patrons are protected by Plexiglas shields in front and on the sides of their personal seating area which is at minimum three meters from the stage. We have limited our capacity to sixty guests per show. Masks must be worn to your seats and to the restrooms. Masks may be removed upon entering your private Plexiglas area.
TheRoyals21.1.jpeg
TheRoyals21.2.jpg
TheRoyals21.7.jpg
TheRoyals21.11.jpg