Diego Guerrero: Loving and Loving

Gary R. Beck

May 10, 2021, 10:39:06 PM5/10/21
to PV OT/SS IO Group, PV GT Google, PV OT/SS Google
Diego Guerrero
Loving and Loving
Tribute to José José

Attendees are here to celebrate the birthday of the romantic, smooth-voiced and naturally handsome Diego who has appeared as Nicky in "Avenue Q" and sang harmonies with Mama Tits over the last two years here. Diego joins other top acts in performing during this long extension of the season into weeks when the venue had never been open. The increase of people are wanting safe live entertainment keeps enlarging, so Act2PV says give them what they want.

Grammy Award winner José José is honored with some of his most beloved records. During various points of his career, he sang, acted, played guitar and piano, a man of many talents, immersing himself in Latin pop, bolero, bossa nova, jazz and mariachi. Born into a family of musicians, José began his musical career when a teenager playing guitar and singing in serenades.

Diego demonstrated his knowledge and love of this master icon immediately from the first song. He possesses the same rich and full vocal chords enabling him to stretch and maintain the key. José José is known as El Príncipe de la Canción [The Prince of Song]. His novice performance of "El Triste" occurred at the Latin Song Festival in 1970. His vocal stylings have influenced many Latin pop artists in a career that spanned more than four decades. José José is considered an icon of Latin pop music.

Diego acknowledged the forces at Act2PV from owners, managers, waiters and bartenders to other performers who supported his early activity here and enabled him to have his first very own show. Muchas Gracias. He enlisted two fine house singers to supply harmonies, Elizabeth [Eli] Estrada and Gina Ibarra. At different points of his evening, Diego described each lady as having been a driving force in his career successes with their loving support. He hugged and gave them kisse. Diego called Eli from her mic and the two sang "He Renunciado a Ti" [I Have Let Go of You]. She displayed the marvelous talent and singing voice and stage presence she has developed here performing.

Diego has assembled a very fine accomplished band, some of whom he has worked with previously. On guitar Armando Yáñez, keys JANG, bass guitar Jared García, who has performed in shows as Brenda Gaviño's "Linda Ronstadt" and Us Two's string of runs including "Country", beating those drums Miguel Hernández and the lovely Diana Luna backing Diego on saxophone and soloing in highlighted portions. All of the musicians are blessed with talent and experience. It is amazing how new people join together and within days and weeks develop a choreographed background track, in synch with Diego's vocal movements.

"El Amor Acaba" [Love Ends] is one more of the romantic ballads which made this man admired and followed. The tunes which made José José extremely popular and adored were his big and boldly romantic compositions. He chose various writers, many of which knew his vocal phrasings and timbre, to compose appropriate songs. When young, Diego said, the singer learned a song about a horse with wings and he could not understand such an unnatural object. He grew to understand the lyrics.

There is a 1985 movie "Gavilán o Paloma" [Hawk or Dove] chronicling this singer's life from humble beginnings to international stardom featuring his music. Diego grasped that song and delivered an emphatic rendering of a man who learns that "Love comes back to the one who takes it, hawk or dove." Calling his other background singer, he dueted with Gina the lovely but sad Lo Dudo [I Doubt It]. "You were flying on a white horse around the world and those things won't be able to return."

"This is my favorite of José José" He slid into "Lo que un día fue no será". His floated over the very sweet melodies, reaching higher and higher. "What one day was, will not be. Do not come back and look for me. I have nothing to give you. I got tired of your birdseed." This is another example of Latin songwriters loving mixing animals with human life.

Otra! More! But Diego explained that they had no song prepared. Surprise, he burst into the career-making "El Triste" [The Sad One], longing for a loved one. The exceptional composition by Roberto Cantoral is technically difficult needing vast respiration management. Diego saved the best for last and he excelled in clear range and massive volume. People stood in appreciation as he accepted a birthday cake aflame with a torch candle and bouquets of flowers. He expressed how happy he was, his night: "It's my party" and being surrounded with his recently established family, a party of friends. More is promised to follow.

More photos on my Facebook Shows group below.

Act II Entertainment - Seventh Season
Starlight Cabaret
Insurgentes 300 [corner of Basilio Badillo and Insurgentes], second floor
Romantic Zone/SouthSide, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco.
322-222-1512
Show info and tickets available: www.act2pv.com
E-mail: act2entertainm...@gmail.com
The box office is open from 4 pm - 10 pm.

Gary R. Beck
Puerto Vallarta, JAL.
More of Beck's Best: Theater, Cabaret and More!:

A Note from the management of Act2PV:
The Starlight Cabaret. THE ONLY OUTDOOR THEATER IN PUERTO VALLARTA.
As the world navigates its way through the changes that have occurred recently, Act2PV is very serious about protecting our clients, our staff and our entertainers!
In addition to observing all governmental requirements (Masks required, hand sanitizers, feet sanitizers, temperatures taken, etc.), Act2PV has implemented extra safety measures in our Main Stage theater, including ozone purifiers, ozone disinfectors, air purifiers and heppa filters. We will also be operating at 25% capacity, with some seats blocked off in order to follow governmental social distancing requirements. Your well-being is our #1 priority!
Have you heard the news? Live entertainment is back and better than ever in PV, with an all new space created just for you, an open air and socially distanced venue following every protocol to ensure your safety.
Come, and enjoy our wonderful shows UNDER THE STARS.
Danny Mininni, managing partner.

DiegoGuerreroJoséJosé21.1.jpeg
DiegoGuerreroJoséJosé21.5.jpg
DiegoGuerreroJoséJosé21.7.jpg