Follies Arriba!

1 view

Gary R. Beck

Apr 10, 2021, 10:17:58 AM4/10/21
to PV OT/SS IO Group, PV GT Google, PV OT/SS Google
FOLLIES ARRIBA!
A production by Kimberly LaRue

Follies Arriba is a jammed-packed show with of song and dance. It features dancers of the spectacular Follies La Rouge and vocalists Eli Estrada, Victor Do Espirito, Lenar Noriega and more. It's a party on the roof at the beautiful Starlight Cabaret.

Kimberly's newly revamped Follies extravaganza is now an evening of sexy Mexican salsa dancing with hot Latin rhythms so energetic one cannot sit still. Is this not what Latin music is all about Parisian goes Latin. The roof of Act2PV is now the new cabaret entertainment venue where the festive party is open-air, breezy, well-spaced and safe.

Dancers flowed out onto the stage and along the walkways. They were an image of the Follies: feathers of every color of the rainbow, tight slick colorful shorts and tops with jewelry to entice. Immediately, one could surmise that hours of rehearsals and coaching went into the production of this truly extravagant show. "Leave Them All Behind."

Kim described her creation "Follies Arriba the brand new Latin cabaret show with loads of dancing and sassy sexy salsa and rhythm." Established singers and dancers from the rooms of Act2PV provided the cast: Victor Do Espirito, Eli Estrada and Lenar Noriega and dancers of Follies La Rouge which is going to run through May. Follies Arriba will run thru June.

Victor, in black and white, seemed to be the M.C. of the show, displaying his rich clear vocal chords with one beautiful song after another. Eli had the top costumes, evident whenever she appeared to perform wearing a different gown, many floor length and smooth on her skin. Lenar sang and danced nonstop, pleasing the audience with his smiles and smooth talent.

The dancing was phenomenal and traversed many genres including stylish classical ballet, mariachi, salsa, tango and Cuban habanera. Partners changed, hand to hand, disappearing then reappearing with another dancer. Their movements were smooth and easy to watch, with no bounces or jitters.

Known all over the world were songs as "La Bamba", "Tequila" and "Bésame Mucho". Other tunes were known to the diehards of Latin music. The show is burlesque at its best. There were acrobatic dancing segments and even the use of several "Hula Hoops": "Round and round your love winds me up like a hula hoop." Sung in Spanish but recognized for its melody was "I Will Survive". "Mexico"..."Viva Mexico" shouted the pride of this country through its substantial distinctive music.

The Jacksons hit "Blame It On the Boogie" was sung in English and urged everyone not to blame it on the Sunshine, Moonlight, Good Times, calling up the audience to sing along. This was a Boogie Night! From seventy-five years ago, "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps [Quizás, Quizás, Quizás]" added the Cha Cha to the dance themes and was sung in both Spanish and English. Another dance style was emblazoned for the crowd with "Shake your body baby": do the "Samba" popularized by Gloria Estefan and then a take on Gloria's rhythmic tune "Get On Your Feet". "Stand up and take some action." Good thoughts in this time and age.

"My Follies Vallarta shows are expanding", said Kimberly and Danny Mininni, founder and managing partner, agrees. Every show will be different with guest performers and changing song list. He called upon anyone who has a favorite Latin tune to tell him and they will consider including in one of the week's shows.

The best appraisal of this summer show is "...an energy-filled party on the rooftop" spoken by Kim. 'Fun' is the word very appropriate throughout the entire show. 'Happy' is what one attendee stated when departing. Escape and fly up to the roof for Happy Fun.

Choreographed by Kimberly LaRue.

View other photos of this show on my Facebook Shows group listed below.

Starlight Cabaret
Act2PV
Insurgentes 330, Colonia Emiliano Zapata, Romantic Zone, SouthSide, Puerto Vallarta.
322-222-1512
Tickets available at http://www.act2PV.com
The box office is open daily 4pm-10pm.

A Note from the management of Act2PV:
The Starlight Cabaret. THE ONLY OUTDOOR THEATER IN PUERTO VALLARTA.
As the world navigates its way through the changes that have occurred recently, Act2PV is very serious about protecting our clients, our staff and our entertainers!
In addition to observing all governmental requirements (Masks required, hand sanitizers, feet sanitizers, temperatures taken, etc.), Act2PV has implemented extra safety measures in our Main Stage theater, including ozone purifiers, ozone disinfectors, air purifiers and heppa filters. We will also be operating at 25% capacity, with some seats blocked off in order to follow governmental social distancing requirements. Your well-being is our #1 priority!
Have you heard the news? Live entertainment is back and better than ever in PV, with an all new space created just for you, an open air and socially distanced venue following every protocol to ensure your safety.

Come, and enjoy our wonderful shows UNDER THE STARS.
Danny Mininni, managing partner.
FolliesArriba21.1.jpeg
FolliesArriba21.4.jpg
FolliesArriba21.7.jpg