Maru Prado Conti: This is Gaga Tribute Concert

Gary R. Beck

May 29, 2021, 12:28:14 AM5/29/21
to PV OT/SS IO Group, PV GT Google, PV OT/SS Google
Maru Prado Conti
This is Gaga Tribute Concert

A perfect act to celebrate Gay Pride Week is Maru in tribute to another celebrated artist who uses her lyrics to assist struggling persons and lift them up. Maru wrote, "The reason why I decided to do this tribute is because I respect Lady Gaga so much. She is so talented as a show woman, she sings amazing, she is a great actress and an icon for all the LGBT community. In her lyrics, she represents the feelings and thoughts of lots of people that suffer bullying and discrimination, encouraging people to feel free and love themselves, no matter what their world is showing to them.

María Eugenia Prado Conti [Maru] is 34 Years old from Rosario, Argentina. She has performed in Broadway show musicals in Buenos Aires, is a vocal coach and operates "Tu Experiencia Broadway" where students from Spanish-Portuguese backgrounds travel for fifteen days to NYC, train in singing, dancing and performing with coaches and stars from Broadway.

​"I want to thank you for being here. We´re gonna party!" ​Maru has developed a name everywhere for her tribute to Lady Gaga. The crowd was not watching a singer who was mimicking the icon, but actually she became Lady Gaga - in dress, hair, body movements, style and tunes. She has had such instant and constant success that she and The Palm have extended her run at least twice.

A dual montage of videos shown on the two screens. Clips of Lady Gaga in various outfit styles displayed her ¨dresses¨ at many awards shows. Which one is her best? Lady Gaga [Maru] appeared onstage with an enthusiastic " thumping "Born This Way" portrayed words of self-confidence and pride in who and what you are"

"Telephone" rings but she pleads to be left alone with her drink and the dance floor. As if anyone in attendance needed to be told, "Just Dance". "Spin that record, gonna be okay." Move after move, some never seen before, kept the room humming and moving. The audience adored her as a person, a performer and an artist. "Edge of Glory" is right where Lady Gaga is situated, for a long lasting effect on our generation of singers She touched delightfully with the love ballad "Speechless": ¨"I'll never love again. You've left me speechless."

"Don't be a drag. Just be a queen." Two slender skilled dancers, Alex Moran and Carlos Duque, in royal blue and white circled her adorned in a sparkly silver and white bodysuit. They danced with impressive choreography, joined by Damian Mateo. Multifaceted, she is a singer, dancer, actress and vocal coach. There are many costume changes, several done onstage with her dancers in assistance and some when the stage is vacated and the video
screens play various clips the superstar. Note that Maru sings in her own voice. She was flanked with two singers who supplied added vocalizations, Christian López and Tonny Kenneth.

Maru decided to create this show out of respect for Lady Gaga as one of the most multi-talented entertainers of our time. She admires Gaga for her amazing singing, songwriting, dancing and acting. She has wide support of the LGBTQ community, her lyrics express feelings and thoughts of those who suffer bullying and discrimination but encourage them to live freely as deserved.

The lady can hit your heart strings with full vocals along with her dynamic dance tunes. The video screens showed marching men in black, almost like soldiers revealing her in a bizarre black costume. It was the video for "Alejandro" and both Lady Gaga´s video and what was happening on stage with black-suited military types, wild and sexual.

The show takes short breaks, for costume changes and perhaps catching a breath.   Videos played  "Judas" and then "Applause". She has the ability to take any composition from the icon and become her. Which one is which? Her dedication to this lady is profound and she has mastered the task. She gave a strong performance of the Oscar-winning "Shallow" from "A Star is Born".  Christian López dueted with her. It was pleasurable to follow the flowing path of her vocals.

Wearing the signature pink hat​, the cover of CD "Joanne"​, she sang the stunning "Million Reasons", accompanying herself on the piano. From the same movie, she gave everyone a resounding song about having so many reasons to leave but needing only one reason to stay. "Always Remember Us This Way" summed up her feelings. As she played off to the side area, two of her dancers performed an acrobatic dance of love. It was stunning, sexual and delightful. Tonight was a visual trip. The video medley continued jumping into a riotous "Perfect Illusion" and "911": "My biggest enemy is me. Pop a 911."​ ¨Rain On Me¨​: "Gotta live my truth, not keep it bottled in​. ​So I don't lose my mind​."

"Did you have fun?​" ​Maru signaled the end of the evening was approaching and she and her dancers broke loose with "Bad Romance" with the audience urged to sing along. The driving beat, rapid movements on stage and the surging song lyrics exploded with energy: "I want your love and I want your revenge. You and I could write a bad romance."  She graciously thanked her team and then reprised the tune with most of the crowd on their feet.

Find more photos on my Facebook Shows page below.

The Palm Cabaret
Olas Altas 508
Zona Romántica - Southside, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
21st Anniversary Season
Tickets:
www.ThePalmCabaret.com BoxO...@ThePalmCabaret.com
322-222-0200/322-182-9656
The box office is open from 4 pm - 10 pm.

The Palm has a new retractable roof for air flow. Customers will have plexiglass in front and sides of them, only 60 person Capacity (not 130), 5 new filter air systems to take old air out and fresh air in. Best in Cabaret Entertainment! We all need to know what, exactly, is being done to protect our health everywhere we go these days.
We have invested in a new, fresh-air-only air-conditioning system providing multiple ventilation routes.​ ​Our roof now partially retracts, further magnifying the continuous circulation of fresh air.​ ​A UV lighting system has been installed to disinfect the showroom daily.​ ​All chairs have been recovered in a material conducive to sterilization immediately after every show.​ ​A plexiglass shield helps protect you when seated. Group seating is limited to four for your safety, with two meters between each one and at least three meters from the stage.There are no intermissions, shows one hour in length to allow the time for re-sterilization.​ ​Drink orders are taken upon arrival, your second drink appearing halfway ​​through the ​performance.​