Diana Villamonte and Victor do Espirito: A Foreigner's Journey

1 view

Gary R. Beck

May 30, 2021, 4:27:49 PM5/30/21
to PV OT/SS IO Group, PV GT Google, PV OT/SS Google, Marsha Ross
Diana Villamonte and Victor do Espirito
A Foreigner's Journey

Act2PV superstars Diana Villamonte and Victor do Espirito have collaborated on a brand-new show, "A Foreigner’s Journey". Diana has become ultra-famous from her Whitney Houston tribute shows, adding some songs popularized by her cousin Dionne Warwick. Victor has enjoyed starring roles in "Best of Broadway", "Legends" and "Follies Arriba!" Diana was recently the "Voice of Mexico" runner up.

This night recreates the music of two of the world’s most iconic rock groups: Foreigner and Journey. The music of Journey is rich with the pop examination of love and heartache while Foreigner brings out the pain and heartache with a more rock approach.

Danny Mininni introduced a new superstar of Act2PV and for that matter the entire community, Kevin Anthony. Both men chatted about his new current show here "Lionel and Stevie", spotlighting two marvelously talented icons of the pop-soul genre, Lionel Richie and Stevie Wonder. He departed from his show song list, giving the people "Sunny" with his booming voice. He delved into that sweet love song for the girl of his dreams. Kevin has under his buckle Broadway show experiences
and is well-known in the touring corps.

The night's illustrious pair entered the room and brought attention from everyone within earshot with "Feel's Like The First Time". The song rocked with their assembled three piece stellar band to supply the strong guitars by the lead guitar Armando Yáñez, bass player Jang and drum beats by Eden BozzioTemperatures rose and the duo delivered "Hot Blooded", feeling a "fever of one hundred and three."

Diana took the solo "Cold as Ice" with vocals phenomenally bouncing off the walls. An evident mark of a super singer and artist is taking songs new to them and absorbing them into their own essence.
She departed allowing Victor to take over with Journey's "Faithfully". This creation is a soaring exposé of his vocals and movements. The two spotlights made the room shiver with the stirring love adventure "I Want To Know What Love Is". Without doubt, this piece was one of the top highlights tonight, a gem of a anthem. Victor has the ability to stretch those male vocals fully and richly as Journey's lead singer Steve Perry.

After a fifteen minute break, Victor sang the rocking "Long, Long Way from Home". He has an uncanny ability to use his vocal chords to sound like Foreigner's lead singer's Lou Gramm. This talented duo and their band perform good solidly classic pop/rock music, with Diana adding ample soul to the show. Armando was given solo portions as rock bands are prone to do. He is a master.

Diana addressed everyone around with "Say You Will". She has captured the moods and styles of these two groups, not missing a note or a chance to take the tune even higher vocally. Diana said that there is no one crying now, but the duo here shown forth a strong song "Who's Crying Now". Diana shows her Soul/R&B background always just underneath any rock tune.

Danny had mentioned Diana's wonderful show occurring now called "Whitney and Warwick", adjusted by adding Whitney's cousin Dionne. She enthralled the audience with her performance beyond belief "I Will Always Love You". Waves of emotion flowed from her over the theater and did not end when she melded into the soaring "Open Arms". A singer needs a wide range hitting these upper notes with clarity and force. Diana possesses that quality doubtlessly.

We have reached our final song, said Diana, and the striking pair declared "Don’t Stop Believin’", a message to all in attendance coping with the uncertainties of life. There promises to be many more quality shows from them.

Producer: Alfonso López.

More photos on my Facebook Shows group below.

Act II Entertainment - Seventh Season
Insurgentes 300 [corner of Basilio Badillo and Insurgentes], second floor
Romantic Zone/SouthSide, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco.
322-222-1512
Show info and tickets available at www.act2pv.com
E-mail: act2entertainm...@gmail.com
The box office is open from 4 pm - 10 pm.

Gary R.Beck
More of Beck's Best: Theater, Cabaret and More!:

A Note from the management of Act2PV: Stages
As the world navigates its way through the changes that have occurred recently, Act2PV is very serious about protecting our clients, our staff and our entertainers!
In addition to observing all governmental requirements (Masks required, hand sanitizers, feet sanitizers, temperatures taken, etc.), Act2PV has implemented extra safety measures in our Main Stage theater, including ozone purifiers, ozone disinfectors, air purifiers and heppa filters. We will also be operating at 25% capacity, with some seats blocked off in order to follow governmental social distancing requirements. Your well-being is our #1 priority!
Have you heard the news? Live entertainment is back and better than ever in PV, with an all new space created just for you, a socially distanced venue following every protocol to ensure your safety.
Come and enjoy our wonderful shows.
Danny Mininni, managing partner.
AForeigner'sJourney21.1.jpeg
AForeigner'sJourney21.5.jpg