The Greatest Show on Earth

Gary R. Beck

Apr 23, 2021, 2:23:07 PM4/23/21
to PV OT/SS IO Group, PV GT Google, PV OT/SS Google
The Greatest Show on Earth

Act2PV decided to showcase current shows this summer for the first time in the venue's history. Admission is free and enables viewers/listeners to discover artists of whom they are unfamiliar. Each one premiers two to four numbers resulting in many attendees adding the artist to their viewing list. The Greatest Show enables listeners to absorb each singer's and dancer's performances and return again and again to hear their total show filled with joy and pleasure.

Hosted by Marc López. The presentations this evening could be entitled "New Beginnings. A New Season". "Sneak Peaks", he called this opportunistic design of their weekly everchanging show. Marc has a reputation for a smooth emotional singer, opening the evening with a energetic "Gonna Give You Up".

Tonight's Act2PV performers included:

Brenda Gaviño
Diana Valerie Villamonte
Kevin Anthony II
Víctor Do Espirito Steven Retchless
Karma La Perra

Follies LaRouge
Choreographed by New York dance professional Kim LaRue, this dance and song extravaganza offers a nod to vaudeville and burlesque. The show offers more colorful feathers than you can imagine plus dancers from Ana Miguel Nmovimiento ofMia Dance Studio. Ana Vasquez Rodriguez soloed tonight giving graceful, balanced modern ballet. The crowd applauded loudly for her smooth agile movements.

Follies Arriba!
A new condensed version from Kim features modern and traditional Latin music. Victor espoused his hot rhythmic Latino moves and music coupled with vocals well-suited for many genres. His presence and overwhelming artistry was acknowledged by Danny listing the many shows he has been a part of here in this odd season. He took roles when the person was unable to fulfill obligations.

Linda Ronstadt: In My Voice
Brenda Gaviño opened her tribute of Linda, extended for a fourth run, breezing many present back to earlier days full of young memories. "Different Drum" brought shoulder sways, which Linda performed with The Stone Poneys, then broke off solo encompassing nearly a dozen musical genres. Then her rocking started with a swinging "Heat Wave" Motown tune. She slowly eased into "It's So Easy" with some audience members singing along to the familiar words. In her show, she reaches the pinnacle of her chosen songs with her take on "Blue Bayou". It has emerged as her signature tune from this Linda Ronstadt tribute. She alerted everyone that she will debut a summer show called "Disco Inferno".

Crooners
Las Vegas-style lounge singer Marc López honors landmark singers as Frank Sinatra, Michael Bublé, Frankie Valli and Elvis Presley. He glides from star to icon throughout his show and this Greatest Show. Being the host tonight, he appears every so often, to sing a tune or introduce the next fine act.

Limitless
World champion male pole dancer Steven Retchless carves the way for dancers of both sexes wishing to gain popularity in this art. Tonight was a pared down version with no pole or stripping but his voice was strong and he caressed "Careless Whisper".

Whitney and Warwick
Diana extends her widely popular show honoring Whitney Houston and her cousin Dionne Warwick. Picking from the decades-long song lists of both artists would fill a couple days of entertainment. The audience should be so lucky. She has taken "I Will Always Love You" and made it her own. Diana has the gift of knowing notes but extending them up, down and all around. Her artistry is known countrywide via Voice of Mexico and soon will be heard and enjoyed worldwide.

Keeping Up With Karma Karma La Perra debuts her new drag show on the rooftop. Our community welcomes this talented artist with a fine voice and stage presence. "Karma's a Bitch" she sings in good voice and most definitely means it. Her show is very promising with Danny Mininni offering high praise encouraging everyone to check out her own new creation. With humor, she sang "I Kissed a Girl" ["and I liked it."] which reminded of her kiss of Madonna on the VMAs!

Kevin was called out for all to see and educate themselves. He chatted about his Broadway
experiences and tours, meeting fans all along the highways. He chose Stevie Wonder tonight to showcase his wide talents. "Superstition" sent throbbing drum beats and guitar rolls into the crowd. Then he presented Lionel Richie's "You Are" ["the sun, you are the rain"]. Kevin owns the stage when in the spotlights. He controls every move professionally.
Kevin shared with Diana a marvelous cover of "Endless Love" from Diana Ross and Lionel Richie. His New York Broadway experience shown forth alongside Diana's soring rich production with mountaintop vocals. This pairing was a foreshadow of an upcoming new summer show.

Best of Broadway
Even though its run has ended, this creation brought many of these talented singers to the forefront singing many favorite Broadway show songs. Victor reprised his role in Andrew Lloyd Webber's Jesus Christ Superstar with the dramatic "Gethsemane [I Only Want To Say]...if I die.

Foreigner's Journey
Diana returned to sing with Victor a wonderful version of "I Want To Know What Love Is". Soft and sweet, it was marvelously sung. The two voices harmonize as if they have been in the studio a thousand times. Their upcoming show spotlights both Foreigner and Journey, mixing love ballads with hard thumping rock, the latter of which was "Don't Stop Believing".

Marc sang the oft-heard "My Way" making it his own personal possession, hitting all the very high reaches of the forceful melody. He could easily be on stage in Las Vegas or New York's Broadway as Kevin has accomplished. This was a truly remarkable rendition. He extended thanks many times to the people gathered for their previews. It means so much for all the performers tonight since they are in front of live beings not a stream and can talk with their gathered friends and new acquaintances.
Over and over, he exclaimed that he felt so good and hoped all those gathered did likewise. The entire cast tonight was "Feeling Good" for it's a new dawn, a new day, a new life. "Come back and see more current acts in this safe, open air cabaret. Watch the calendar for upcoming shows."

Produced by Act2PV.
Directed by Alfonso López.

Act II Entertainment - Seventh Season
Starlight Cabaret
Insurgentes 300 [corner of Basilio Badillo and Insurgentes], second floor
Romantic Zone/SouthSide, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco.
322-222-1512
Show info and tickets available online at www.act2pv.com
E-mail: act2entertainm...@gmail.com
The box office is open from 4 pm - 10 pm.

Gary R.Beck
Puerto Vallarta , JAL.
More of Beck's Best: Theater, Cabaret and More!:

A Note from the management of Act2PV:
The Starlight Cabaret. THE ONLY OUTDOOR THEATER IN PUERTO VALLARTA.
As the world navigates its way through the changes that have occurred recently, Act2PV is very serious about protecting our clients, our staff and our entertainers!
In addition to observing all governmental requirements (Masks required, hand sanitizers, feet sanitizers, temperatures taken, etc.), Act2PV has implemented extra safety measures in our Main Stage theater, including ozone purifiers, ozone disinfectors, air purifiers and heppa filters. We will also be operating at 25% capacity, with some seats blocked off in order to follow governmental social distancing requirements. Your well-being is our #1 priority!
Have you heard the news? Live entertainment is back and better than ever in PV, with an all new space created just for you, an open air and socially distanced venue following every protocol to ensure your safety.
Come, and enjoy our wonderful shows UNDER THE STARS.
Danny Mininni, managing partner.
GreatestShowonEarth21.zzz.jpeg
GreatestShowonEarthMarcLópez21.1.jpg
GreatestShowonEarthDianaVillamonte21.3.jpg